Author Topic: Kymco Super 8 50 2t  (Read 10196 times)

jiggy :)

• View Profile
Kymco Super 8 50 2t
« on: January 17, 2011, 11:36:39 AM »
hi i own a kymco super 8 50 2t and i have noticed even when deristricted they are not very fast i really want to know how to make my moped faster as all my friends mopeds beat mine im looking at a leo vince tt exhaust is this a good exhaust to increase speed??? can anyone tell me what else i can buy or tamper to make my moped fast?

~Jiggy

Rianna

• View Profile
Re: Kymco Super 8 50 2t
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 04:00:55 PM »
Hi, ~jiggy! ~ :)  Welcome to the forum, jiggy! ~ :)

sparko

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 05:35:48 AM »
I'd like to hear how your bike was de-restricted. I had always heard that the s8 50 2t was a pretty quick ride.

Cardie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 09:45:08 PM »
Both 4 stroke and 2 stroke should do 45 + full de restricted, the 2 stroke should do about 55 when its been tuned. These are very heavy peds and to be honest there pretty slow anyway :)

scootermaven

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 02:26:00 AM »
hi i own a kymco super 8 50 2t and i have noticed even when deristricted they are not very fast i really want to know how to make my moped faster as all my friends mopeds beat mine im looking at a leo vince tt exhaust is this a good exhaust to increase speed??? can anyone tell me what else i can buy or tamper to make my moped fast?

~Jiggy
What sort of de-restricting has been done to your scooter so far?  I'm pretty sure you have the same engine as my Like 50 2T and I can probably assist you.
I may be slower uphill, but I'm quicker at the gas pump!

Portland Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 09:18:52 PM »
Fast is a relative term.  Maybe you should consider selling the 50 and getting a 150.
I would argue that the 150 is not "Fast" either.  Scooters can be "Quick", maybe "Agile", but not "Fast.
All this de-restricting and modification sounds like a pain in the ass to me for something that is inherently slow.
In any case, it is hard finding proper performance parts for the Super 8, 50cc or 150cc models.
I do like my 150 around town and it is quick enough to be safe and fun.
Good luck.

scootermaven

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 09:37:25 PM »
Fast is a relative term.  Maybe you should consider selling the 50 and getting a 150.
I would argue that the 150 is not "Fast" either.  Scooters can be "Quick", maybe "Agile", but not "Fast.
All this de-restricting and modification sounds like a pain in the ass to me for something that is inherently slow.
In any case, it is hard finding proper performance parts for the Super 8, 50cc or 150cc models.
I do like my 150 around town and it is quick enough to be safe and fun.
Good luck.

Maybe he HAS to ride the 50cc scoot!  If it's not tagged, you can get into a boatload of trouble ridin' a 150cc...numerous ticketable violations, depending on how generous the officer is.  A lot of (most) 150cc scoots have 2 shocks in the rear and that is a dead giveaway it's most likely NOT a 50cc scooter.  This is one thing a lot of law enforcement officers are trained to look for these days when there are more and more scooters on the road.

Anyway, there are plenty of performance parts available for the 2-stroke version of the 50cc Super 8.
I may be slower uphill, but I'm quicker at the gas pump!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()