Author Topic: Carb upgrade  (Read 665 times)

hunter0527

• View Profile
Carb upgrade
« on: September 28, 2018, 06:29:06 PM »
Poking around the net and did some searching here but again, didnt find specifically what im looking for.  I have a 2012 Super 8 50 2t and not sure if this fits.  I have had the scooter for about 3 years and just getting into mod'ing it.  The variator boss has been replaced however still lacking speed.  Get about 37mph on flats.  I would be happy getting this to 40-45mph on flats just so i dont feel like im holding traffic up.  Been reading a bit and came across this on youtube but dont know anything about this stuff.  I can do the work, just dont know if this is a match for the scooter?  Not looking to spend a lot of money but need some more speed.  I guess there is a lot of opinions on what to do to get more speed as well.  This shows a carb/cdi upgrade and can get rollers, a belt and a jet along with the order?  But again, no idea if this will fit and be the route to go.  Anyone direct me here?

Anyone have experience with this carb kit? (link below) High Performance Bolt on Speed Pack

https://j-and-j-power-sports.myshopify.com/

Assuming this scooter has the GY6 engine? 
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 06:33:40 PM by hunter0527 »

eamartin

• View Profile
Re: Carb upgrade
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 07:13:42 PM »
GY6 is a 4-stroke motor.

hunter0527

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 02:07:32 AM »
So what is the motor type my bike has?  I know it’s a 2 stroke but didn’t know what the equivalent is to the gy6?

eamartin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 02:30:46 AM »
Read this:http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=23341.msg164171;topicseen#msg164171

eamartin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2018, 10:14:44 AM »
So what is the motor type my bike has?  I know it’s a 2 stroke but didn’t know what the equivalent is to the gy6?

I think it's just referred to as an air-cooled horizontal 2-stroke.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 10:24:05 AM by eamartin »

eamartin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2018, 10:29:19 AM »
Poking around the net and did some searching here but again, didnt find specifically what im looking for.  I have a 2012 Super 8 50 2t and not sure if this fits.  I have had the scooter for about 3 years and just getting into mod'ing it.  The variator boss has been replaced however still lacking speed.  Get about 37mph on flats.  I would be happy getting this to 40-45mph on flats just so i dont feel like im holding traffic up.  Been reading a bit and came across this on youtube but dont know anything about this stuff.  I can do the work, just dont know if this is a match for the scooter?  Not looking to spend a lot of money but need some more speed.  I guess there is a lot of opinions on what to do to get more speed as well.  This shows a carb/cdi upgrade and can get rollers, a belt and a jet along with the order?  But again, no idea if this will fit and be the route to go.  Anyone direct me here?

Anyone have experience with this carb kit? (link below) High Performance Bolt on Speed Pack

https://j-and-j-power-sports.myshopify.com/

Assuming this scooter has the GY6 engine?

I'm not convinced that just a carb change will get you the 40-45 mph you desire.  You will likely also need air intake mods and an aftermarket exhaust pipe.  It (speed increase) can apparently be done, but not without more time and money that just a larger carb.     

hunter0527

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2018, 11:39:15 AM »
Thanks! the article was helpful.  Guess ill do some shopping around to see what i can get.  If anyone has any links to what they have bought throw them in. 

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()