Author Topic: New Kymco Super 8 150cc Pics  (Read 19668 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: New Kymco Super 8 150cc Pics
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2014, 08:31:17 PM »
Those "shroud scoops" DO WORK!
I very highly recommend it. Same for performance fans. They make a HUGE difference.

The proof I have is I had to make a backing ring to hold my scoop on. It constantly tore the mounting screws off over 50 mph. It re directs a huge amount of air into the fan.

Also I built a fiberglass "belly pan", and cut the plastic out of the area directly behind the front wheel. This forces the airflow directly at the engine.

Look thru this thread... Pages 9/15/19 I think show what I did. Also drilling out your CVT cover to get some REAL air in there take away an enormous amount of heat.
The proof of all this is a reduction of nearly 125*f in the exhaust gas temp gauge. By cooling the entire engine it brought down the cylinder temps.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Amaro321

• View Profile
New Kymco Super 8 150cc Pics
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2014, 12:05:27 AM »
Wow!!!! Mann Zombie you are the MAN!!!!!!

Amaro321

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2014, 12:07:44 AM »
I plan on getting that scoop within the next few weeks, I've zeroed my throttle play and adjusted the idle a bit she's A lot more responsive and less jerky. I want to upgrade as much as possible without loosing warranty. That scoop should be a good choice. Unless I can fabricate something 😳

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2014, 01:11:15 AM »
Oddly enough a Tupperware bowl works great. If you have the cutting tools a Stainless salad bowl is another cool choice.

The key is to make a metal backing ring (stainless/aluminum), and install the bolts/machine screws from the fan side, and Nylok nuts on the outside w/ decent size flat washers. I used the rim off of a stainless bowl for that ring, and 4 number eight Carriage bolts. Areomyst gave me the scoop. I just cut the center strut out of it, along w/ all the factory grill from the plastic engine shroud. (Heaven forbid a squirrel jumps in there.)

Aim the scoop slightly down toward the road NOT at 90* but more like 120* from 0. The road surface creates a barrier that the air can not push away from.

No worries in the rain either. I have an inner rotor set up, and water does not/can not accumulate due to the velocity in there.

I know... This stuff is soooooo cooool!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Amaro321

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2014, 08:40:52 AM »
Nice!!! Exactly the info I was looking for. I too was wondering about the rain. And I'm glad
You said point in to the ground a bit because that's what makes
More sense to me since
Most of the air would seem to be coming from the side up. And I guess if a squirrel was unlucky enough to jump in, it would become a Zombie Squirrel 😂

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2014, 07:42:39 PM »
Only if I kissed it! :-*   ;D ;D ;D

Amaro321

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2014, 08:39:02 PM »
LMAO!!!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2014, 10:15:37 PM »
Me too Amaro... Trust me!

I love this forum. Nothing but good people.  ;)

Amaro321

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2014, 10:35:28 PM »
I know, I see!! I'm glad I can always find help here. I look forward to customizing my scoot when I get some money. Good to have people who know what they're talking about. 😏

Amaro321

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2016, 04:33:23 AM »
Aaaaaaand two Years later and almost 5,000 miles on her. Shes running along. Im going to dive into some valve adjustments next week. For the first time in 5k miles [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amaro321

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2016, 04:34:48 AM »
Besides some battery issues and a broken kick starter. She's running pretty good! Just lost about 5-10 mph but hopefully I can clear that up with a valve adjustment

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2016, 11:10:58 AM »
Yeah the valve adjustment will definitely improve your performance. Your Super should sound more "throaty" after the adjustment. Valves tend to close over time and the adjustment will help her breath better with less engine heat. The most difficult part for me is getting the gap juuust right.  :)
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

Amaro321

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2016, 12:26:09 PM »
Thanks for the reassurance, I look mforward forward foto digging in. Im holding off until i have a torque wrench

Skarrab22

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2016, 11:24:25 AM »
Hello fellas!  Me and my Raine saying "Mabuhay" from the Philippines!  :D

Californiaman

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2016, 12:10:18 PM »
Hello fellas!  Me and my Raine saying "Mabuhay" from the Philippines!  :D

I really like what you did with your gauges and handle bars, how did you do the conversion to normal bars, doyou have some phots of the process?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()