Author Topic: Newbie with a new Yager GT200I  (Read 2265 times)

papascootin

• View Profile
Newbie with a new Yager GT200I
« on: May 08, 2012, 06:18:29 PM »
New Yager owner that recently sold an Agility 125. Some comparisons, pluses and minuses. Agility always started and ran exactly like it was designed to do. Absolutely trouble free. Very easy to toss around, felt cosiderably lighter than the Yager but kind of cramped for a 5'9" 190 lbs person. Usualy rode it flat out and it performed flawlessly, although steering could be skitish at an indicated 100 kilometers. Storage was good, suspension was poor but overall great scoot for the money. I believe Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki have better shock/fork pkgs but cost cosiderably more money. I thought that it would be all I'd ever need to run errands and I had no intentions of going cruising with it as I have other two wheel options. Lo and behold there were instances when I desired to go a "little" faster than the little Agility would go. Plus the steering at speed demanded all my attention. Enter the Yager. Goes that little bit faster that I was looking for, had much more stretch out room, great storage, liquid cooled and injected, had that great flat floor that I wanted and had great " on center" stability at speed. Can actually let go of the bars at speed and steering remains straight and true. Wouldn't even think of doing that with the Agility. Price is good compared to the japanese scoots , it looks like a scooter so you can't pretend to be something it's not. Wish it had better suspension for my tired old bones, and turning radius is greater than the Agility, and sometimes missed. Overall I'm pleased and when I get seat staightened out, I'm sure it will be all I hoped it would be. It sure is fun to ride hard, and the absolute best errand runner( in good weather) that you could ask for.

DaveABQ

• View Profile
Re: Newbie with a new Yager GT200I
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 08:04:20 PM »
good review, it does what i want, run errands, same on some fuel mileage over my big old Dodge Cummins struck....does what i need it to do

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 09:01:21 PM »
Been loving it since day one. I've ride one handed while doing 57-60 to adjust my jacket's velcro strap on my neck without any loss of control. Great brakes, and does a U-turn with a passenger like it's
on rails.

Enjoy your ride!

-Wolf

papascootin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 09:07:24 AM »
Thanks, DaveABQ & Scooterwolf, acquiring a Yager 200i in new england is no small feat. I live in southern Maine and called every Kymco dealer in New England and could not find a Yager. A dealer in NH called the Kymco rep and the rep told him that if I ordered one I would not see it till mid July at the earliest. He also told me that the rep told him that the only Yager in New England was in Hyannisport, Mass. So, did a search of dealers on the Cape and started calling. Sure enough, JMR Honda in Hyannis had one. Had to buy it sight unseen and paid full price and then drive 360 miles round trip to get the ugliest scooter that Kymco produces.( just kidding Yagerites, it's a fine looking machine) Doing a hard break-in as suggested by Yager200i And have put a 100 miles so far. Changed the oil, filter and checked filter screen at 40 miles and everthing looked fine. Probably won't be as meticulous as Yager200i on maintenance, but will certainly do recommended maintenance. If it ever stops raining around here would like to put more miles on the scoot but am not up for riding in the cold rain. Removed underseat box and disconected the light yesterday ( can't remember where I read it in this forum, but whoever it was,thanks, seems like a great idea to me) Thanks to everyone on this forum for all the great info, certainly helped with my decision.

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 05:08:38 PM »
And during the once or twice I was caught in rain, when I kept moving I stayed dry.  It is a great bike.

Richard L.
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

DaveABQ

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 07:01:20 PM »
good deal on the Yager search, I picked mine up used as it popped up on cycletrader with only 107 miles on it, for about half price, well the guy that traded it in dropped it, had light scratches on the upper and middle panels on the right side, costs me $184 shipped for the panels, then dealer said it had a charging issue, figure being that my BS Degree is in Electrical Engineering, wouldn't be hard to troubleshoot, done it many times before

papascootin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 01:37:15 PM »
Great deal DAVEABQ, I would have been all over that. I searched for months on craigs list, E-BAY, etc. but the few that I found were close to the cost of new ones and after including shipping would have been more than the cost of a new one. Maybe I just wasn't patient enough. I almost purchased a super 8 150 but after sitting on it at my local dealer I just didn't think it was much roomier than my Agility 125 and I feared I would be looking at something larger next year. Oh well, Quite happy with the Yager for now, and I think the thing I like best about it ( aside from the added performance) is how much more stable it is at speed. Lot's of fun so far.

papascootin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 11:40:41 AM »
Trying to post pictures of the new Yager, but I guess the file was to big, so trying to resize. Wish me luck. As my grandchildren are quick to point out, after messing up my 7yr old's nintendo, the 11 yr old was trying to calm him and said " Buddy, calm down, you know papa doesn't know technology " (how very true) .

papascootin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2012, 11:49:28 AM »
And again, but I'm not sure why they don't enlarge when I click on them.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()