Author Topic: Not looking to start a riot  (Read 29360 times)

bilyum

• Super 8 150
    • View Profile
Re: Not looking to start a riot
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2012, 12:43:21 AM »
It doesn't make a rats ass.
 Let em marry or whatever,and let the  courts fill up with divorce's, and let the lawyers become more wealthy.
Amen!
Later
bilyum

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2012, 01:44:49 AM »
View Poll Results: where do you stand on gay/lesbians getting married :

yes, they should have the same rights as anyone else    5 /20.83%

no, marriage should be a man and woman only    12 /50.00%

not a federal issue...each state should decide for themselves    2 /8.33%

all governments..(state and federal) should stay out of it..its none of their business anyway    3/ 12.50%

i dont care..    2 /8.33%

This is the results so far in the auto forum.
I didn,t do the math but I anticapate the same here. I am curious about global vs. US results.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2012, 01:45:27 AM »
Who gives a rat's ass? It sure shouldn't be a national headline and in every news report.
We have bigger fish to fry!

Agreed!
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2012, 01:47:19 AM »
MMMmmmmm Bouncy!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

gregspeople250

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2012, 02:12:51 AM »
Blah, blah, my god, blah, blah, your life style, blah, blah, I'm right because my god who doesn't have to answer to anypme told ME to tell you what to do, blah, blah.
Let's enjoy scooters and life!
Honda Elite 80 - SOLD
Yamaha Vino 125 - SOLD
Kymco People 250 - SOLD
Kymco Like 200i - SOLD
Vespa 250 GTS - SOLD
Piaggio BV350 - FUN! - SOLD
Buddy 170i - FUN! - SOLD
Honda Silverwing - SOLD
Yamaha TMAX - OUTSTANDING! - SOLD
Honda SH150 - SOLD
Yamaha SMAX - SOLD
Kymco AK550

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2012, 02:54:20 AM »
I just want to say that marriage is NOT a Biblical thing. Marriages existed before organized religions, and are not dependent on a church. This issue isn't about the government forcing a church to marry gay couples (seriously, where did that notion come from?). I'm American, over 40, happily married to a beautiful woman, and have no problem with gay marriage. Doesn't bother me, or affect my marriage one way or another.

Who cares what a person does with their own life. Jump on your scooter and enjoy the life you have.

-Wolf

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2012, 04:18:51 AM »
 "This issue isn't about the government forcing a church to marry gay couples (seriously, where did that notion come from?)"

Catholic school. Maybe they did more damage than I thought!

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2012, 05:07:10 AM »
I'm Catholic!

Most of us are all about drugs, alcohol, and loose women. Gay marriage? Whatever. Doesn't bother me
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2012, 12:53:38 PM »
I'm Catholic, but I've never been told one can only be married in the Church. You're not supposed to be married outside of your own church, or you can't be if you or your spouse are divorced, from another church, living with your fiancée, crap like that. Too many stupid rules (I suppose that's why I no longer go -- that and I don't like the Pope, or what's going on with all the sex abuse stuff), but there's nothing there about the government forcing the church to marry gay couples. Any Church call say yes, or no and there's nothing the government can say or do.

A gay couple can be married by a Justice of the Peace, or even a boat Captain. You don't need a church to be married, or to make it legal. That's why I don't get the argument for all this God created marriage crap. It's complete BS.

-Wolf.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2012, 01:24:58 PM »
"This issue isn't about the government forcing a church to marry gay couples (seriously, where did that notion come from?)"

Catholic school. Maybe they did more damage than I thought!

No church or otherwise would be forced to marry homosexuals. It is to allow them to do so if they desire, if they do not want to then tbey will not be forced.

The churches are the only ones blocking it really and i dont believe in any god so i dont want any church telling me how to live my life.

As a straight guy i want the option of a civil partnership too. I got married in a non-religious way, no prayers, no hymns, no church. I got married by a registrar in a registry office in a secular ceremony but still it is called a marriage. I imagine tbe Homosexual ceremony is almost identical yet it is called a civil partnership? Doesnt make sense really. Like i said the only folk who seem remotely bothered by gay marriage are tbe churches and mosques, their leaders then pass this bigotry down to tbe flock who also disagree, not because they sat and thought about it rationally but just because their priest or mullah tell them the big book says its bad or evil or sinful or whatever. Well so is abusing kids but the current pope "allowed" that to happen and even covered it up.

Personally i say let them marry, makes no odds to me or my life.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 02:40:31 PM by streido »
Chaos is my co-pilot.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2012, 02:03:30 AM »
Imagine that... ME too Christian! I guess I never gave it any thought. IDK... I still think Marriage is a church thing. The rest is just legal.
My THIRD marriage was performed by a Rastafarian minister named Stylee' Smith. Now THAT was a ceremony... Call me a hypocrite but I never thought any of those marriages were real anyway. Just something to shut her up!

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2012, 02:38:39 AM »
Both my brother and sister were married by a Justice of the Peace. Both are recognized and considered legally and socially married by our society. My brother has two kids and my sister is expecting her first. because they weren't married in a church no one considers then second class citizens, or less married than anyone else. Marriages have existed in countless societies, countries and cultures all over the world, many outside of any Christian ceremony. You don't need a religion or a belief in God, god, or gods to be married. The idea that Churches have a monopoly on marriage is BS. Many Christian denominations consider marriage a holy sacrament done within their own tenets and officialtions, but they don't own the idea of marriage, or have the right to dictate who can or can not be married. A marriage license is a legal document, not a religious one.

-Wolf

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2012, 02:45:03 AM »
Luckiest are the Muslim gays! They can have more than one guy!!!  ;D ;D ;D

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2012, 02:47:38 AM »
Luckiest are the Muslim gays! They can have more than one guy!!!  ;D ;D ;D
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Two Hitlers...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2012, 02:57:43 AM »
Gays, lesbians, what's next? Girl and Dog? or Horse? Hmmmm.....  Hey, not looking to start a riot here !!!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()