Author Topic: Agility 50 Derestrict  (Read 25109 times)

tlgibbs

• View Profile
Agility 50 Derestrict
« on: March 31, 2009, 03:59:46 AM »
First time poster.  I've had a Kymco Agility 50 for nearly a year.  Great little scooter, but 30 mph top speed was getting me down.  I ordered a clutch boss replacement from scootertherapy dot com and cut the rev limiter on the CDI.  Wow!  What a difference.  The scooter is peppier and more importantly I can get 40-42 MPH top speed on a decent straightaway.  The part was $40 including shipping from Wisconsin to California.  It is super easy to change the clutch boss.  It takes about ten minutes.  After considering big bore kits, exhaust pipes, etc., which all cost hundreds of dollars, the 40 bucks for the clutch boss and quick cut with a hack saw on the cdi has to be the best bang for the buck that I can find.  I would highly recommend that anyone with a 50cc restricted Kymco scooter do these two mods first before anything else.  There are lots of ways to get more power out of our scooters, but for the money I don't think you can beat the two I did to my Agility 50.  I don't know for a fact, but I would guess all the 50cc models are pretty much the same.  Here is a link to the site I found with both mods illustrated.  The CDI pictures are kind of crappy, but you should be able to get the idea.  ;D

http://www.scootertherapy.com/bosspage.html

Agil

• View Profile
    • 4Tskuteri
Re: Agility 50 Derestrict
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 05:37:57 PM »
In many countries, including mine ( Croatia ) new Agility comes with derestricted variator bushing and main jet 82 ( original is 78 ) However, that is not proper derestriction, because 50 ccm 4T scooter (GY6 or 139 QMB ) is too weak. Derestricted top speed is average 62 - 65 km/hour...but, uphill is catastrofic

So, go for 80 ccm kit
owner\founder www.4Tskuteri.com  forum :-) ..visit !

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: Agility 50 Derestrict
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 05:36:44 AM »
First time poster.  I've had a Kymco Agility 50 for nearly a year.  Great little scooter, but 30 mph top speed was getting me down.  I ordered a clutch boss replacement from scootertherapy dot com and cut the rev limiter on the CDI.  Wow!  What a difference.  The scooter is peppier and more importantly I can get 40-42 MPH top speed on a decent straightaway.  The part was $40 including shipping from Wisconsin to California.  It is super easy to change the clutch boss.  It takes about ten minutes.  After considering big bore kits, exhaust pipes, etc., which all cost hundreds of dollars, the 40 bucks for the clutch boss and quick cut with a hack saw on the cdi has to be the best bang for the buck that I can find.  I would highly recommend that anyone with a 50cc restricted Kymco scooter do these two mods first before anything else.  There are lots of ways to get more power out of our scooters, but for the money I don't think you can beat the two I did to my Agility 50.  I don't know for a fact, but I would guess all the 50cc models are pretty much the same.  Here is a link to the site I found with both mods illustrated.  The CDI pictures are kind of crappy, but you should be able to get the idea.  

..note the dates of the old posts...

..we've come a long way, baby....

peace
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 05:39:57 AM by wordslinger »
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()