Author Topic: Unrestricting the Mongoose 90  (Read 8157 times)

jkister

• View Profile
Unrestricting the Mongoose 90
« on: September 19, 2010, 10:43:49 PM »
I have a Mongoose 90 (mfg. year 2006) that i'm trying to get some more top-end out of.

I've read about cutting the light-green wire going to the CDI of the older Mongoose 90's, but the setup has changed on the new ATVs (the only green wire to the CDI is ground).  I've also seen talk about cutting the CDI itself for some later-model scooters (http://www.scootertherapy.com/cdiboxcutpage.html) but didnt know if that'd work for the 06 Mongoose.

I've also read about the speed restricting bushing in the primary clutch, but didnt know if that was relevant for the 2006+ either.

Anyone have experience with this ?

omfgdotcodotuk

• fookin quick gilera ice 50/70cc malossified ish
    • View Profile
Re: Unrestricting the Mongoose 90
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 10:58:20 PM »
post pics,include any serial numbers on your cdi and ill guarentee you will get a quick reply to your question,and another tip aim your post at the a50 section,gotta feeling will be same engine but bored out,be nice and welcome to the forum tc bud  ;)
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly ;)

jkister

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 12:57:39 AM »
Thanks for the reply,

the only numbers i see on the CDI look more like a model number, but: 30410-2019.  Lots of google hits linking Kymco to that, but they all seem to be in german.

im including the nearby electrical components in the pic just to give more info.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 01:09:15 AM by jkister »

jkister

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 12:58:14 AM »
the cdi

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()