Author Topic: 2005 Mongoose 50 idling issues  (Read 5332 times)

emorrison1972

• View Profile
2005 Mongoose 50 idling issues
« on: August 19, 2009, 03:44:42 AM »
I just picked up this 05 50 for my 7 year old son that had "issues" with staying running...i figured a quick clean of the carb and no problem, but the dam thing doesnt want to stay running unless it is absolutely cold...then after a few seconds it dies out...I cleaned out the tank, changed the fuel filter, and cleaned out the carb...i saw some thread about fuel air adjustments....any help would be greatly appreciated, as my son is DYING to ride this thing...Thanks, Ed.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: 2005 Mongoose 50 idling issues
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 04:21:31 AM »
Here, I found an older post detailing air screw/ idle speed screw adjust. Hope it helps. A fresh spark plug always helps! The filament attaching the internal resistor to the electrode is HAIR thin. It could look good outside, and be burned inside. Keep posting if you need more help.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: 2005 Mongoose 50 idling issues
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 04:22:25 AM »
Forgot to add the link!!!   Super fever 50 carb adjustment? which is air & fuel?
in Technical | How To
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()