Author Topic: What ive done so far, i need some help (alot).  (Read 13651 times)

JDizzle

• Work in Progress
    • View Profile
What ive done so far, i need some help (alot).
« on: August 20, 2010, 12:29:32 AM »
 :-\ Ok, so i need alot of help. my father inlaw an I have been workin on my 06' kymco people s 50 4t for 3 days. i want to get it to move up to 50MPH (all de-restricted). so far we took it apart an machined down the center piece in the variator (the metal cylender in the center) im not sure what its called, but it let the belt ride up farther to make me go 3-5MPH faster. so that was successful. now i looked on some forums an they said its good i did that. Next i bought a NCY CDI from scooter parts place.com. its a vento/gy6 racing  NCY CDI. which i found on another forum to buy. i just plugged it in today an i herd a POP! an nothing but smoke come out the front of my scooter an a stink. needless to say im calling them tomorrow for return. or to see if i even got the right 1. so is there any tips anyone can give me on what we can do to make this go any faster? part numbers an references would be greatly appreciated. thank you so much for you time.
-Josh ???
i got alot ahead of me but i hope wen im done ill have a nice set of wheels to be stylin on.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: What ive done so far, i need some help (alot).
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 12:36:24 AM »
..hopefully, that was just the fuse that popped....but i bet it's not the right cdi for your scoot..

..that scoot, de-restricted should hit around 45-50 mph...

easy...

..it may be possible to de-restrict your oem cdi..

..can you post a pic of it, showing the wiring connector??

..and, Welcome to th' Forum!

peace

..oh, wait...itsa 4t...

..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

JDizzle

• Work in Progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 12:40:07 AM »
yes ill post a pic, and its a 6pin but it only uses 4 pins. 4 pin only uses three an the 2 pin only uses 1. post the pic in a second. thanks for the welcome =)
i got alot ahead of me but i hope wen im done ill have a nice set of wheels to be stylin on.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 12:49:53 AM »
 Welcome to the forum, Hell of a way to start. I don't have your model but i suspect your cdi is ac fired and you orderd a dc one,not compatable. Hopefully nothing else has fried. You will have to verify and get the right one.
  For more speed you will want to upjet,open the airbox and exhaust. Doing plug readings are the only way to know if  you have got it right.
  I have not worked on one of these so not sure what jets you will want to order, but the rest can be done on a budget. A 1\4 inch hole in the airbox will let some more air in and 3 or more in the exhaust will let more out(near the outlet) use self tapping screws so you can plug if you've gone to far,but you must upjet to make things right,most will run an 85# main jet but i don't know about yours for sure.
 Give this a try and let us know how it works. Good or bad.
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 01:06:25 AM »
its a 6pin but it only uses 4 pins. 4 pin only uses three an the 2 pin only uses 1

..what r th' wire colors??

JDizzle

• Work in Progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 01:25:22 AM »
@wordslinger, i Email'd you the pictures because i could not upload them to the site for some reason

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 01:29:46 AM »
...cool...th forum pics must be less than 192kb in file size...

JDizzle

• Work in Progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 01:30:10 AM »
so yea its a KYMCO PEOPLE S50 4T i hurd theres alot of difference in the air flow adjustments in the 2T and the 4T where the 2T you can unplug the green or pink wire an it works and you can drill holes in the airjet and the exhaust. they said it normally wont do much for the 4T. my father inlaw is asking this.

JDizzle

• Work in Progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 01:30:57 AM »
yea i know it was smallest possible and they were JPEG so i dont know why they didnt take.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 01:36:04 AM »
..the key to getting performance from a 4t is getting the initial rpms up, and maintaining them throughout the scoot's powerband.....lighter roller weights..stiffer clutch springs..

..increased air flow...

..i'll go check those pics...

JDizzle

• Work in Progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 01:39:54 AM »
ok so by doin what i already did with the variator, is that good or bad that we machined it down so the belt has more room to move. and what should i do exactly and what parts should i get for it. im really bummed out the CDI didnt work so i guess, find the right CDI, but the 150$ variator kit off line some where (if you clould look up a good 1 for me an send me the link to it) and drill holes in the filter and exhaust? for more air?

art

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2010, 01:40:33 AM »
Yep more air in and more air out,same princable 4t or 2t. Word is pushing 60mph on his agility 50  

art

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2010, 01:47:05 AM »
 If trying to save a few bucks check this out  http://www.provoscooter.com/scooters/ruima-racing-variator-139qmb.html  . I like the malossi best but with this kit you get the driveface also for dirt cheap.

JDizzle

• Work in Progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2010, 01:48:25 AM »
 :o holy christ, is it possible for me to get mine up to that?
i only weigh bout 150LBS soaking wet lol. god if i could get up to 60 id be set.
Where exactly would i drill these holes any pics of examples. i dont want to drill somwhere i shouldnt lol.

JDizzle

• Work in Progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2010, 01:51:11 AM »
to be honest that looks like what i have right now. theres not alot of difference in mine an that one. my dad said that with the performance variator thats 150$ its deeper and the ramps are less cuved so the weights shoot up an take off quicker.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()