Author Topic: 'LIKE riding in Hawaii*....for Pete's sake!  (Read 471 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
'LIKE riding in Hawaii*....for Pete's sake!
« on: August 25, 2021, 08:55:48 PM »
Too warm and very muggy before sunrise!

Tropical sunrise over the grocery....

*So OK it was Ohio, not Hawaii.
I did get to ride home and do my in-laws yard - which was lovely.

Stig

I was in Hawaii once for about 4 hours. My Flying Tigers plane refueled there on the way to Guam, where we refueled again for a visit to S. Vietnam. (3 soldiers went missing when it was time to re-board in Honolulu  :)  Pictured them coming out of the gift shop in shorts, Parrot shirts and flip-flops - hailing a cab out front! "What's the worst they can do to us?! Send us to 'Nam?"
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 09:03:21 PM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
Re: 'LIKE riding in Hawaii*....for Pete's sake!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2021, 08:58:55 AM »
Love your reminiscences Stig!  (BTW I woke this morning at 04:00 hrs and seriously considered getting up for a pre-dawn ride a la Stig.  20 mins later I was fast asleep again and remained so until the alarm went off at 07:00!)
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

The Doctor

• View Profile
Re: 'LIKE riding in Hawaii*....for Pete's sake!
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2021, 12:31:32 AM »
Love Hawaii, lived there for a year, visited 300 times - perfect climate for running - the roads are a little boring on Oahu but the big island of Hawaii, Kawaii & Maui are great but for the International Drivers & Alcohol ...
50 plus years of riding many bikes but my interest here is a near new used 2018 200i which ran like a Dog but now is improving every tank of gas & AIR PRESSURE corrected ...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()