Author Topic: +10 Launch~!  (Read 737 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
+10 Launch~!
« on: February 12, 2014, 11:44:51 PM »
Mrs. Stig talked me out of scootering to work this morning (-6 fahrenheit) but it's going to be +10 degrees at 4:00AM tomorrow - so checked the oil, unplugged the battery tender (so I don't forget in my excitement at 'launch' time) and aimed her towards the garage door.
I've got to do a Barney Rubble for 1/4 mile to clear the local ice....then it's scootering to work!
Already told the boss I have an appointment with my therapist at noon tomorrow - so will be leaving early on der scoot!
More snow coming the next day.
If I can get in one day a week mit der scoot - I'm less likely to Go Postal.
I know I have to take it easy in the dark - watching for re-frozen areas.
Some day the xB and der LIKE will see a day like this......

Or on the Gulf of Mexico......

« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 11:54:05 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

91cavgt

• View Profile
Re: +10 Launch~!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 11:48:06 PM »
I hope you've got some really good winter riding gloves!!  I rode when it was 18 for 11 miles and my hands hurt so bad and were so numb that I could hardly work the brakes!  Definately not safe so I won't do that again, but the rest of me was nice and warm. 
2012 Like 200i  in black

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: +10 Launch~!
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 11:59:16 PM »
I hope you've got some really good winter riding gloves!!  I rode when it was 18 for 11 miles and my hands hurt so bad and were so numb that I could hardly work the brakes!  Definately not safe so I won't do that again, but the rest of me was nice and warm. 
I have 2 pair pf gloves - put one on the belt cover or muffler sheild to warm - wrap my fingers around a large Tim Horton's.
Been known to stop and build a fire  - hey, who put the charcoal lighter in the top case?!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()