Author Topic: UXV 450i  (Read 25691 times)

SuperHeliDave

• View Profile
Re: UXV 450i
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2016, 08:22:41 PM »
Thanks for the reply.. Yeah I kinda figured that out the hard way, you are correct, it is the only drawback to this machine. Thank you for the info....
It can always be climbed.....

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2016, 11:54:38 PM »
      The only issue with the UXV is the ground clearance, but the fix for that was increasing the the spring tension on the shocks. It made it ride higher, but i sacrificed the softer ride. Overall, its a keeper....

Just curious how much did you raise it up?  I thought the ground clearance was good, same as my former atv and I see the adjustable shocks but wondered just how far you went up..

SuperHeliDave

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2016, 12:12:00 AM »
I only really need it when the plow is hooked up, otherwise, yes it was good. It went up 2.5 inches.but the ride is harsh without the plow wieght.
It can always be climbed.....

dan4x4

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2016, 09:25:50 PM »
Hello guys, first time writing on this forum and i am full of questions.
I hope that with some answers directly from you,the owners,
I may decide to obtain one for myself too, hopefully.

I have been looking for specifications,reviews and test rides for the uxv 450i for some months now.
But its a new model and i do not seem to find specific information about the fuel consumption (on road mainly, it can be legally driven in my area)
Any information about how dangerous it gets when turning around close turns
(i noticed a big angle and quite a leaning while watching a video) would be helpful too.
Does anyone use it for on road driving or just in farms?
Any figures about fuel consumption?
Everything would be useful (mpg, km/lt, lt/100km).

Thanks for your time.

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2016, 01:32:28 AM »
Well I have only had mine since Jan 2016 so I only have 200 miles on it and so far so good. From all the different makes that I test drove, the Kymco gave the best ride.  It could be considered a bit tippy but the shocks are adjustable to that could easily be stiffened up. Cornering at reasonable speed is not a problem as is.  It doesn't turn real sharp so that may have something to do with that. Many mfgs of SxS require premium fuel but Kymco only needs reg fuel. I actually drained and filled my fuel tank to check fuel economy but only have 35 miles on this tank so far but based on fuel gage estimates it appears to be getting 20-22 mpg with some off road and on road running. If run on the street remember this engine runs at 7500 rpm at top speed so if you run 45 mph your engine is near top rpm so fuel mileage will suffer. Mine tops out at 49mph as the rev limiter kicks in at that speed. You would want some street tires for on road riding as the knobby off road tires can get noisy on pavement and will wear quickly. I do like the smaller size of the machine, I am only 5'6" and it fits me better than the larger machines, horsepower to weight ratio makes it quicker than its bigger brothers off the line up to about 30 mph, then the bigger engines take over but not by much. If you have anything you would like to know feel free to ask.

dan4x4

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2016, 11:47:44 AM »
Thanks for he info!
Even though i am very glad when you say its a smooth ride overall,
i am very dissapointed with the fuel economy. :'(
I expected something much better.
If it gives in deed 22mpg, which means more than 10lt/100km, then its far more demanding than a medium family car of 1600cc!!!
I do not own anything else and i planned to use it as an everyday vehicle for town-work-farm-beach and I hoped for a lot less.
Of course i understand that its a fun-utility vehicle but it will turn out to be very-very expensive to run in my country...
And i must add that i am a quite defensive driver with smooth accelerations and cool way if driving, avoiding high speeds.

Please keep track of the consumption as the miles go by, which hopefully will decrease, but lets be honest, how much less?

I am planning to take one for a test ride,as the first one was just for a few hundred meters,
 and i hope i will be able to check the consumption in detail.

But if anyone else has any numbers to add i would be grateful!

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2016, 12:42:53 AM »
Keep in mind these are geared for OFF road use not highway use.  They are geared to have power for climbing hills and towing, NO overdrive like you car has.  Remember also the engine is running at wide open throttle at 48 mph, would kind of fuel economy would your car get if you ran the engine at wide open throttle going down the road?  I believe your thinking behind the use of this machine is in the wrong direction.  If you looking for good fuel economy go to a scooter and get 100 mpg, not an off road vehicle.

dan4x4

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2016, 11:56:20 AM »
In my area it is shown as an on-road vehicle with turn signals etc
and limited horse power (22hp) and highest speed at 30mph!
Like a tourist buggy for rent-a-bike businesses someone could assume.
So I thought maybe it is kind of cheap to drive too.
Probably it has a switch or something that enables you to choose between two types of driving.
I hope that the on road selection could be more friendly with the fuel and the whole gearing and driving style.
At he end of June/beginning of July I will be able to test one myself on a local dealer.
Then I hope i will be able to share some information too!
Maybe you are right and i have missed the whole philosophy of the uxv
but I really want to check its possibilities of matching my needs.
But I just do not like scooters.
I need something with four wheels, sturdy, light, easy to get on and off, small to drive around a small town,
capable of carrying things, entering farms and fields,plus reliable, backed up from a well known brand and of course sold in my area.
This vehicle seems to offer everything I need, even though it is not manufactured for my kind of use!
Plus it is a beauty to look at!

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2016, 01:21:01 AM »
Dan 4x4 .....what you describe is not availiable in my part of the country, only the off road version and a turf version for golf courses. My unit comes with a fuel injected, 4 valve high performance 36 hp engine that does just shy of 50 mph. I am quite sure the unit you speak of will do much better in fuel economy with only 22hp and designed for road use.  I hear ya on the scooters.....I much prefer 4 wheels myself, at least I have some protection from other crazy drivers.  Let us know what you find out.....

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2016, 01:37:35 AM »
On the street, I am getting 40+mpg,  I filled the tank when I bought it, and with 110 miles it took only 2½ gallons to top off the tank,

I generally don't keep the engine pinned, 35-40mph is plenty fast and it takes a whole lot less throttle
RandyO
IBA#9560

dan4x4

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2016, 07:59:39 AM »
That's the one!
Yes, only the turf version (are the tyres the only difference?)
is available here (and only the green colour),
but probably the law for on-road 4-wheelers that are no cars,forces these kind of vehicles to perform at 20ps max.

I just checked the site and it is the same case for the uxv 700 too! Max 20ps for each one, not even 22ps (i was wrong before).
So it is the turf version with turn/alarm signals and a speed cutter or
something like of modification for using it by selection on the road, i guess.

But the new information is sparking my dream up for good!
If randyo can get a 40+ mpg (i hope you mean the US gallon=3,785lt, then its approximately 6lt/100km)
that is sure fine for me!
Bring it on!
Probably airshot's right foot is heavier than randyo's. No offence guys!
Thanks for the info.If you have any more numbers I would be glad to read.

p.s. when I did the first mini test-ride i was very impressed by the easiness of getting on and off the vehicle and
the way my body clicked inside the cabin,on the bench.I was thinking "All right, nice...that's the spirit!"
As if i owned the uxv for years and i was already used to it.
That is very important for people with spine problems.
The easy access and the vertical way of seating on a chair, car e.t.c.
As far as the protection from the crazy drivers out there...i could not agree more.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 08:06:55 AM by dan4x4 »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()