Author Topic: Agility 125 Top Speed  (Read 1503 times)

souzamoto

• View Profile
Agility 125 Top Speed
« on: June 27, 2020, 11:08:32 PM »
Agility 125 owners:
What’s your top speed?
Flat ground, stock condition
TIA

scooterfan

• Durban, South Africa to Ankeny IA.
    • View Profile
Re: Agility 125 Top Speed
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 01:59:49 AM »
I am at sea level and once pushed myne to 105 km/H. There was still a little bit of throttle left but the RPM’s became too high to my liking and I started slowing down.
Life is a journey. Just spend some time, and enjoy the trip.

TBR125

• East Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 03:05:46 AM »
Can't say stock. That was a long time ago. 50 dollars and 100-150 hrs of work it runs 73mph GPS flat ground.
Become the best you can with what you have.

Vision

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2020, 09:51:06 PM »
On flat ground: 60mph, maybe a little over. But those tiny tires don't like going that fast IMO.

scooterfan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2020, 02:01:27 PM »
............ But those tiny tires don't like going that fast IMO.

I tend to agree. I think going faster than 60 mph on such small wheels is simply not safe. Riding at 100km/H on a scooter with small wheels feels like riding much faster on a motorcycle to me.
I think anyone who would like to go faster than 60 mph should actually consider something with bigger wheels.

stealth

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2020, 09:07:19 AM »
Hello guys. I have a kymco Agility 200i (year 2015) and since i don't find any topic about it, i would like to post my problem here: speedometer allways show 0 km/h. Can you tell, what i must check? Fuses, cables...? Sorry for my post on this topic.

Kymco Agility City 200i - 2015

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2020, 11:16:28 AM »
Hello guys. I have a kymco Agility 200i (year 2015) and since i don't find any topic about it, i would like to post my problem here: speedometer allways show 0 km/h. Can you tell, what i must check? Fuses, cables...? Sorry for my post on this topic.

You might check each end of the speedo's cable.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

stealth

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2020, 11:39:52 AM »
And where are located? One part is on board, an the other one at the front or back wheel?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 12:05:35 PM by stealth »

scooterfan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2020, 06:12:49 PM »
And where are located? One part is on board, an the other one at the front or back wheel?

I guess the speedo on your scoot works the same as on the Agilty.
On the Agility the front light panel needs to be removed to get access to the cable connection at the rear of the speedo.
A good start would be to do whatever you need to do to get access to the cable connection at the rear of the speedo.
- Make sure that connection is properly tightened. (If not tightened properly, the speedo will not work)
- If the connection was tight, just disconnect the cable at the speedo, put the scoot on the center stand, spin the front wheel - and have a close look at the inner part of the cable. It must ne turning while the front wheel is spinning.
If it does not turn while the wheel is spinning the cable could be broken, the cable gears at the front wheel could be damaged, or the cable has not been secured into the gear setup at the wheel correctly. (The Agility has a screw at the wheel / gear connection which prevents the cable from falling out. If the cable has not been pushed in deep enough at that point, the speedo will not work).
- If the cable turns wile the wheel is spinning, make sure the far end of the inner part of the cable is square, and not damaged. If it still looks square - make sure the “female” end at the rear of the speedo also looks square and not damaged.
- If everything  still looks in good condition, the inner part of the cable turns while the wheel is spinning - but the speedo does not work while you are riding, it means the speedo itself is faulty. Then you have no option other than to replace the speedo itself.

stealth

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2020, 06:38:50 PM »
"I guess the speedo on your scoot works the same as on the Agilty" - :) we talk about same product; i have Kymco Agility 200i.

Tomorrow i have work to do :)

Can someone tell me if know, the difference between Agility 125 and Agility 200 is only the cm3? All the other parts are the same? (not the cvt or fuel pomp, the other parts like brake bulb light etc) I've been searching the forums for a few days and I haven't found too many details about the 200.

Thank you Scooterfan for the explanation.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2020, 11:19:49 AM »
"I guess the speedo on your scoot works the same as on the Agilty" - :) we talk about same product; i have Kymco Agility 200i.

Can someone tell me if know, the difference between Agility 125 and Agility 200 is only the cm3? All the other parts are the same? (not the cvt or fuel pomp, the other parts like brake bulb light etc) I've been searching the forums for a few days and I haven't found too many details about the 200.

Thank you Scooterfan for the explanation.
Where are you....what country?
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

scooterfan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2020, 04:43:46 PM »

Unfortunately there are only a limited number of things an Agilty 125 and an Agility 200i have in common. Probably the most common charactarists I can think of are:

1. Both are Kymco models.
2. Both models are called “Agility”.
3. Both models have engines and batteries.
4. Both models have 2 wheels, a seat, and handlebars.

But that’s about all. The two models are about two worlds apart from each other and there could easily be many differences. For a start - I guess your Agility is a fuel injected model - while the 125 models have carborettors. A major difference. That’s why I mentioned “I guess the speedo on your scoot works the same...”

Anyway, I hope you find a way to get your scooter sorted.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 04:48:17 PM by scooterfan »

stealth

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2020, 01:51:52 PM »
Where are you....what country?
Stig

Hello. I'm from Romania.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()