Author Topic: Dr Pulley 20x12 14GR  (Read 69944 times)

Adept

• Empaticus Maximus
    • View Profile
Re: Dr Pulley 20x12 14GR
« Reply #225 on: July 09, 2014, 02:15:29 PM »
Quiz.

Can you see something strange on this picture???

----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my 16gr roller set. Take a look to the inner copper ring... They two kind of size, but the same weigth. I checked all the 8 rollers with a gramm-scale. They are between 15,91 and 16,01gr...
Any idea??

I have a barely used (200km)14gr Dr Pulley rollers to SELL!! Send a PM if you interested in...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 09, 2014, 06:31:59 PM »
My guess is they are different recycled alloys containing different density metals. CHINA baby.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

kfc.android

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 09, 2014, 10:07:24 PM »
that makes sense.
Dr. Pulley sliders are selling on many Taiwanese eBay-like website for just $20/set,
it's not too difficult to guess the cost for manufacturing those sliders

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 10, 2014, 12:13:16 AM »
3 cents worth of plastic including the case, 20 cents for the metal, and perhaps 1.5 cents for the paper/printing.
Add in the rice for labor, and I guess they cost less than a dollar complete per roller.

You know the Chinese are laughing at us. We buy all their crap. It all breaks. Then we go to all the trouble to sort/recycle/ship it all back to them. In essence we are working for them, and destroying our manufacturing base.

White people are soooo f'n stupid.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Goodrich

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 12, 2014, 12:22:54 PM »
It's been a couple thousand miles since I had my 14g's replaced by some 12g's.  Just checked my milege and I'm getting 69.3 which is just under a mile or so I got with the 14g's.  60mph is right at 6k rpm and 70mph is at 7k rpm. Runs great and snappy off the line.

Adept

• Empaticus Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 12, 2014, 03:04:06 PM »
Here you are.
(my boy was the camera man)

Thanks for the inspiration to everybody... Really it wasn't so bad (THX to Zombie) I got the Dremmel and the gramm-scale.
Now all the rollers exactly 15,5gr (the factory weight is 15,43gr). Very easy to set the exact weight, so easily make it more lighter with a 0,1gr...

I will install them tomorrow.

I have a barely used (200km)14gr Dr Pulley rollers to SELL!! Send a PM if you interested in...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 12, 2014, 04:55:24 PM »
Way to go sir! It's you guys that are the hero's here. Anyone that takes the time to record/upload, and post How To videos are the real champs in my book.
Plus I have to give credit to B&L for the dremel idea (pretty sure it was him). I used t attack rollers w/ hammers, and drills.
I'd either punch out the cores, and force them into other rollers of fling them all over the shop out of the drill press. Who would have thought you could tickle them into submission!

You opened a new door for the maxi scoot guys by showing how simple it is. Thanks!

nushipwright

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 14, 2014, 04:34:36 PM »
Thanks for the video Adept! Very useful.
It took me 2 days to read through this thread. Just couldn't do it in one run.
Loads of info. But I still don't know what kind of variator I've got nor how to find it out without taking the bike apart. It's a 2011 DT300i but I dont't know which month it was made. Is there a place I can find this info? On the bike perhaps?
“Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”  - Mark Twain
. mostly 2up city

Adept

• Empaticus Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 14, 2014, 04:56:00 PM »
The inside of the cover case of the variator (and clutch) there is the marking (LEA7or LGE5). It is not a magic to take is off... If you won't take down the variator, you don't need a special tool.

If it was 2011,almost sure that is LEA7.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 14, 2014, 06:41:08 PM »
You can also email your serial number (VIN) to Kymco USA, and they will tell you what month.

kfc.android

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 14, 2014, 11:39:09 PM »
Nice video, Adept.
Just got my 15.5g slider today, I'm going to get a impact wrench tomorrow to take off the drive face plate, etc.
I have seen from other thread  that I will need a 19mm socket and no need to use the special tool (universal holder) if I got a impact wrench.
Will post more details once I got my hands on it.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 11:46:09 PM by kfc.android »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 14, 2014, 11:47:37 PM »
Zactlee right. Just beware of any sharp edges on the case, and you might want to wear a glove. Get yourself a tube of Blue Lok-Tite to use when you replace the nut. A few cents can save a grand or so.

kfc.android

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 14, 2014, 11:57:57 PM »
Zactlee right. Just beware of any sharp edges on the case, and you might want to wear a glove. Get yourself a tube of Blue Lok-Tite to use when you replace the nut. A few cents can save a grand or so.

Thanks, Zombie!!! I have attached the related page I found on the service manual.
It mentioned to apply oil on the drive face nut??

kfc.android

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 14, 2014, 11:58:43 PM »
and here's another page of the manual, just FYI

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 15, 2014, 01:43:43 AM »
Thanks, Zombie!!! I have attached the related page I found on the service manual.
It mentioned to apply oil on the drive face nut??

In this case do NOT apply oil. Reason is the Var, and clutch nuts are a specialty item. They are capture nuts meant for one time use. They are kind of squished oblong from the factory, and will gall the threads if installed dry.
You will be re-using them so the locking they do has been undone. Lok-Tite is really what you need. Blue, and not red.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()