Author Topic: Kymco people 200 fork oil and seal replacement?  (Read 3271 times)

Jestalavita

• View Profile
Kymco people 200 fork oil and seal replacement?
« on: March 17, 2016, 10:09:24 PM »
Hello everyone, im jesse, i have joined the scooter community with the people 200, my first scooter. I noticed that the Front fork was leaking oil over the brake, so i have got new seals and am attempting to givve it a go myself. I tried to catch the old oil to measure how much but that was unsuccesful. I removed the old seal to the non brake side fork but am unsure how much oil to refill and also how too refill? Do i have to remove the fork completely as there curently still inplace with only the outer sleve removed?
Any tips would be apreciated
Thanks peoples hehe

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Kymco people 200 fork oil and seal replacement?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 10:31:16 PM »
I don't have an answer for you...but as a fellow People S200 owner I say welcome to the forum!
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 - work in progress

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 12:01:19 AM »
I have the 300i downtown and it takes 185 cc fork oil #10 Wt. it should be close,  to your scooter,  can you look up your manual,  section 14 front fork shock,. 
  take the fork off at the top should be two bolts holding it,  on each side,. 

Jestalavita

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 12:38:43 AM »
Okie dokie, ill throw 185ml (i think same as cc) in each, unfortunately i dont have a manual
 Cause i bought it second hand. Ill give it a nudge and remove forks this arvo and see how i go.
Thanks for the help and cheers for the welcome

de dee

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2016, 12:52:36 AM »
Okie dokie, ill throw 185ml (i think same as cc) in each, unfortunately i dont have a manual
 Cause i bought it second hand. Ill give it a nudge and remove forks this arvo and see how i go.
Thanks for the help and cheers for the welcome

CC I think that's Chinese for ML.    when I refilled my shocks ,I put it in a vice up side down  fully extended, to fill it, or the oil will over flow,   I think most shocks are the same,  for all scooters

Jestalavita

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2016, 06:35:59 AM »
Gday, me again, so the rightside is done no worries but now ive moved to the left one (with brake caliper) but the hex bolt just spins and wont come undone? It feels like its spinning somthing inside. The right one just undid with using another bolt through axel hole as a support/stop. Is the left one different or is there a trick or special tool? Maybe do i have to compress it then try or is the whole shock needing replacing?
Cheers

de dee

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2016, 09:19:27 AM »
  on my scooter they are both the same, just different for the brakes, and attachments,  If it is loose try a air gun to get it out, or a impack drill

Jestalavita

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2016, 11:05:59 PM »
Hazar! Thinking id have to drill out the bolt to get it out. I tried the rattle gun and bam, that things amazing, its now going to be my tool of choice haha. But i think 185ml might be too much because there isnt much play anymore, it only moves about 20mm(under an inch) and thuds hard over bumps and potholes.
Is this a symptom of too much oil? Or maybe not enough.
I found a manual for them on www.49ccscoot.com (not sure how to post link but is a good websit) but didnt have any suggested amount of shock oil.

de dee

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2016, 01:09:36 AM »

cycle pedia has your manual it cost $ 19.95  US.  they will mail you a copy and you get 1 year of on line service,.   

Jestalavita

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2016, 01:25:59 AM »
I contacted kymco via their website and recieved a reply suggesting that 61cc is the correct amount.
I guess ill take them apart, try with 61ml and see how it feels.
Ill let you all know what i find. Seems to me that wouldnt be enough but hey

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()