Author Topic: Kymco Xciting 500 Review in Road Runner Magazine.  (Read 4110 times)

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Kymco Xciting 500 Review in Road Runner Magazine.
« on: March 11, 2008, 03:09:36 AM »
I think someone might have mentioned this article.  I read it in Meijer yesterday.  It is from the January/February 2008 issue...

Here is a preview...
http://www.roadrunner.travel/article-6458.php

here are the pics...
http://www.roadrunner.travel/gallery-6458.php

The only bad thing they had to says was it is lacking in ground clearance.  They liked the styling and the price specifically.

oldhummer

• View Profile
Re: Kymco Xciting 500 Review in Road Runner Magazine.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 01:57:20 AM »
When will the Xciting 500i (injected) scooter be available in the US? I understand its in Canada, NZ. & the Aussies have them, but not here yet?? I wonder if the ground clearance has been increased on the 500i model? I drove an 06 500 and it was pretty nice. I am going to get a crusing scooter, but will have to try them all out first and waiting for the injected 500i model to get here!!   Jay  oldhummer

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 03:15:01 AM »
I bet it is stuck in EPA testing. :(

What is at the top of your list so far?

bombman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 11:42:30 PM »
My sales rep. said the 250 and the 500 is going to be at the dealer show the end of the month and will be EFI  ;) ;)

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 12:47:54 AM »
Nice!  Llet us know if you get more details.

oldhummer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 03:25:37 PM »
Top of my list now... is the Burgman 400. I think the 650 might be too much for my around town/ crusing needs, I dont need to be able to do 90-100+mph on a scooter anyway!! The 400 took me up to 80+ with no problem. The main problem for me is to get most of the scooters in a line up, and drive them all before I forget which one felt the best for me, Heh! . Problem is, one dealer dosent handle all the makes and models, it makes it hard to get them all together for a test. Its difficult to get a feel for a scooter if you cannot drive it 10-30 miles and see how the seats feel and what your fatigue factor is. Going around the block a few times dosen't do it! I am thinking maybe the 500cc scooters may be a compromise, with comfort and gas mileage ? Anyway, hope the Exciting 500i gets to one of our dealers here in Denver so I can try it out! Meanwhile, I will be out there on my B&W150 dodging the Blue hairs and Soccor moms while they are text messaging as they go down the highway!   Oldhummer

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 03:30:18 PM »
What area do you live in?

Maybe there is a race near by where Kymco will be offering test rides.

I rode the Buell Ulysses at Road America last year at the AMA superbike races.   Buell had a tent set up and all the bikes avaiiable to ride.

Kymco should get something like this going.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()