Author Topic: Kymco Agility keeps flooding even on new carb , I need help.  (Read 1107 times)

itripper

• View Profile
Kymco Agility keeps flooding even on new carb , I need help.
« on: November 22, 2021, 12:40:13 AM »
So I have a kymco agility 50 i bought used. I don't know what the previous owner did to make it faster.
But it keeps flooding the carb even after I swapped it out for a new one.
It drives fine but when I park it and try to start it again 7/10 times I have to cut off the fuel line in order to get it started because of some carb flood issue.
Now if I replaced my carburetor for a new one, what else would cause that issue and what is my next step to fix this issue?

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Kymco Agility keeps flooding even on new carb , I need help.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2021, 01:03:38 AM »
Could it be the float valve is not closing? Take the float bowl off and find out why....
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

cs731512

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2022, 06:53:50 PM »
Yes I am having this same issue. I own a 2014 Agility 50cc. I was tuning an old carb when the new one came in. Installed the new carb and now the bike won’t start. I keep trying to start until the carb gets flooded each time. The engine turns over, has a brand new spark plug that sparks, a full tank of gas with fuel being pumped to the engine( verified), a clean air box and new air filter as well. I would suspect a whole lot of things except it was running a little rich but perfectly fine other wise. and still nothing..any thoughts?? I could have wiggled something loose but I’ve been back over connections and wire harness. Reading through the manual the wiring diagram shows how the circuit runs through the starter relay, the rear brake sensor, the kill switch, and the throttle I believe.  I guess I’m going to have to run circuit tests on each of these components to rule them out..?? I recently changed the oil and then re-changed the oil a week later because I thought I slightly over filled it. The week old oil seemed to be a bit dirty and black though ..any help would be appreciated.

eamartin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2022, 09:48:18 PM »
Yes I am having this same issue. I own a 2014 Agility 50cc. I was tuning an old carb when the new one came in. Installed the new carb and now the bike won’t start. I keep trying to start until the carb gets flooded each time. The engine turns over, has a brand new spark plug that sparks, a full tank of gas with fuel being pumped to the engine( verified), a clean air box and new air filter as well. I would suspect a whole lot of things except it was running a little rich but perfectly fine other wise. and still nothing..any thoughts?? I could have wiggled something loose but I’ve been back over connections and wire harness. Reading through the manual the wiring diagram shows how the circuit runs through the starter relay, the rear brake sensor, the kill switch, and the throttle I believe.  I guess I’m going to have to run circuit tests on each of these components to rule them out..?? I recently changed the oil and then re-changed the oil a week later because I thought I slightly over filled it. The week old oil seemed to be a bit dirty and black though ..any help would be appreciated.
Since you have verified that there is spark, there should be no need to test electrical components at this time.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()