Author Topic: Newbie Kymco Agility 50 all AC lights not working  (Read 791 times)

dandanfireman

• View Profile
Newbie Kymco Agility 50 all AC lights not working
« on: October 27, 2021, 10:50:22 AM »
Hiya guys. Newbie here. Just bought an Agility 50 for my nephew and the AC circuit is only producing 2vAC. I've checked the yellow wire at the regulator rectifier and it's 2vAC. I've also unplugged the stator and checked its output which is also 2vAC. The stator is now removed and it's a 12 pole DC 2 phase one. I can't seem to find these anywhere yet. Any help would be great thanks.

dandanfireman

• View Profile
Re: Newbie Kymco Agility 50 all AC lights not working
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2021, 03:33:36 PM »
Ok incase anyone has any similar issues with a Kymco the problem was the stator. Pulled it out it seemed fine and resistance readings of the coils came in at 1ohm each. Bought a brand new one which doesn't come as a 12 pole but as an 8 pole. As long as it spins up and develops 20v at idle then i'm good.

Put back together and now it provides voltage to the ac circuit but its very dim. I'm now going to change the reg/rec and hope it will solve that problem.

dandanfireman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2021, 04:05:24 PM »
Ok after much fiddling and buying new parts to see what would work the following appeared to be the case.

New stator fitted caused a light but a poor one, very dim. Checking the coils they were putting out a meagre 5v on one and 14v on another. So i fitted the old one again just to check it was still faulty and not any poor connections....same result as before 2v per coil so no power.

I assumed the new stator was a poor unit but i kept in mind that the stator and flywheel work together to create the AC power, so i ordered a second hand magneto flywheel. Pulled the old flywheel and fitted the replacement and boom 24v and 34v on the coils. Both the stator and magneto had failed.

Then after checking the lights they were brighter than ever but on testing the battery (a brand new one) I found it was only 12.52v so it was not charging at all. Headlamp fairing off and regulator recifier changed for a proper kymco second hand unit and boom 14v.

So the lights was the stator and magneto that were faulty.

The battery not charging was the regulator/rectifier.

Before this I had already changed the spark plug/coil/cdi unit all in order to find the cdi had failed and burnt out inside.  So all in all i have spent an extra £13 on parts that were not needed but the bike would otherwise have gone to the scrapyard.  A total of £110 in parts including a new battery

eamartin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2021, 01:02:39 PM »
That was a lot of failed electrical components!  Did any one condition ultimately cause the failure of so many parts?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()