Author Topic: Kymco Agility City 50 Electrical problem  (Read 4492 times)

wayneparkes

• View Profile
Kymco Agility City 50 Electrical problem
« on: January 08, 2014, 11:04:10 AM »
My Kymco agility city 50 is not charging on run so I have followed the advice on the site and ordered a voltage regulator/rectifier and a stator which I hope will remedy the issue.
The problem is and I know this sounds stupid, I have removed the front headlight panel to gain access to the rectifier and it is not in the place it shows in the service manuals.
It is shown inside near to the horn, bolted to the frame but I do not have this anywhere on my bike.
Please could anyone advise where it will be. I have removed the seat and can see a box covered with a rubber cover but this does not look like the rectifier, it has a brass coloured top to the box and says Kymco 12vDC 2010 and the wiring plug to it would not fit in to the new rectifier I have purchased.
I assume it must be somewhere but cannot see it. The front and seat are removed, do you think it could be hiding behind any other panels?
I love this little bike and use it for getting to and from work and this is really frustrating. I hope someone can help me.

reg

• View Profile
Re: Kymco Agility City 50 Electrical problem
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 10:59:37 PM »
Hi Wayne, when you say that you have taken the seat off are you including the seat 'bucket' and the side panels around it? Once you have you cannot miss the rectifier fixed to the frame tube at the back. Once you have identified it you can check that you have been given the correct replacement. To my knowledge the rectifier is the same as its always been and never been altered.
Can you post a photo of this box you describe?

wayneparkes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 07:01:45 PM »
Managed to fix it today with a new regulator and stator.
The regulator is in the floor of the scooter which means taking all the floor panels off etc.
Here's a video as requested showing the location.
Thanks.

Resolve

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 05:18:57 PM »
Glad you found it. Mine is on the front behind the headlight.  Guess they decided to move it.

AgileWhitey

• The captain sinks with the ship.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 10:54:08 PM »
Any ideas on where exactly to purchase both parts? My 2013 A50 isnt charging at all.
The captain sinks with the ship..... (why am I the only one left swimming)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2015, 12:17:18 AM »
Either Ebay (make sure it is a KYMCO rectifier / stator, and NOT a gy6)

Or Kymco parts monster . com

EBay might be a little cheaper.

If the bike runs but no charge check the battery on a charger first, see if it will hold 12 volts, and then check the battery terminals for 13. - 14 volts at 3k rom.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015, 03:06:11 AM »
If a a50 is not charging check all ground wires to make sure they are clean and tight. Mine stoped working at one time and all I had to do was clean a ground wire that went to the frame and the horn, And I was back on the road,

Doss

• View Profile
Re: Kymco Agility
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2021, 02:37:08 PM »
My Kymco agility city 50 is not charging on run so I have followed the advice on the site and ordered a voltage regulator/rectifier and a stator which I hope will remedy the issue.
The problem is and I know this sounds stupid, I have removed the front headlight panel to gain access to the rectifier and it is not in the place it shows in the service manuals.
It is shown inside near to the horn, bolted to the frame but I do not have this anywhere on my bike.
Please could anyone advise where it will be. I have removed the seat and can see a box covered with a rubber cover but this does not look like the rectifier, it has a brass coloured top to the box and says Kymco 12vDC 2010 and the wiring plug to it would not fit in to the new rectifier I have purchased.
I assume it must be somewhere but cannot see it. The front and seat are removed, do you think it could be hiding behind any other panels?
I love this little bike and use it for getting to and from work and this is really frustrating. I hope someone can help me.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()