Author Topic: MXU 300 - Strange Issue  (Read 1244 times)

Steven.r.pemberton

• View Profile
MXU 300 - Strange Issue
« on: February 28, 2016, 05:56:12 AM »
I have a strange issue going on and maybe some of you guys might be able to shine some light on what might be taking place.  First off, I own a 300 MXU and a 90 Mongoose.  My kids and I ride pretty often on some trails near our house.  I am brand new to the ATV world so I am learning about the mechanical side as I go.  I have had zero issues up until now.

A couple of days ago a strange issue started.  I cranked up my 300 up and took off.  Now, usually I let it warm up for a bit.  Well, my dog took off and chased a rabbit and he wasn't slowing down so I decided to hop on the 4-wheeler and go get him.  As I went down the drive way, it died.  After that, I had a problem getting it to start.  I would grab the left brake handle, push the starter button and it would make the starter/injector sound but wouldn't turn over.  I kept trying and about 5 minutes later it finally it started.  I started to take off and EVERY time I squeezed the brake handles (even with the motor running) it made that same starter/injector sound you hear when you press the starter button. 

I went out and crank it up again today.  It starts without any issues but as soon as I squeeze EITHER brake handle I hear that sound like it is starting/injecting fuel into the carburetor (even with the motor running).  If anyone has any advice or has come across this issue in the past, please let me know.  I plan on taking to the dealer I bought it at but if this is something I might be able to fix on my own I would like to do it.   I am looking for any feedback from you experts and I am learning slowly..

Thanks, guys.

-Steve

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: MXU 300 - Strange Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 02:28:23 PM »
I would start guessing the starter switch button is stuck.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

airshot

• View Profile
Re: MXU 300 - Strange Issue
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 12:36:47 AM »
   If still under warranty I would contact the dealer, if not, you might try calling customer service at Kymco USA.
I had a chat with them about a notchy shifter on my UTV and they were quite helpful.  Customer service number is on their website, usa factory in in south Carolina I believe.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()