Author Topic: Kymco MXU250 - Starting Techniques?  (Read 736 times)

m2yuout

• View Profile
Kymco MXU250 - Starting Techniques?
« on: January 18, 2016, 08:14:27 PM »
 Hiya guys,

This is my second post in a few days but I would like to think I am getting there!

I am new to Quadbikes and am wondering if there are any tips to ensure I am starting my Quad correctly (Cold Start), I know I need to give the battery a good charge as often my quad fails to start (from cold) using the electric starter but will often fire straight up using the recoil..

It has a manual choke but I have found this to be of not much use.... also when cold the quad seems to stall quite often until warm... it will also stall when cold if I press the accelerator..

Anything I can check which might be an easy fix or are these bikes known to be pains to start in cold weather

Cheers

Bratman2

• View Profile
Re: Kymco MXU250 - Starting Techniques?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 02:20:42 AM »
My MXU 450i is FI so not much help on carbureted Kymco's. But, anyways for our 2010 Yamaha Grizzly which is carbureted I turn the key on, adjust choke depending how cold it is, stroke the throttle maybe three times and it generally starts on the very first time. I let it warm up a minute maybe and back it out of the barn. Unless extremely cold I cut the choke off after a couple of minutes of riding. If your choke makes no difference you need to check that it is working properly. If you pull the air filter out you should be able to see it. If not use a small mirror and light or pull the air box. Make sure it is closing properly. If not the cable may have broken.
2019 UXV 700i LE Hunter
2014 MXU 450i
2004 Mongoose 90 (grandson's)
2010 Grizzly 450

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()