Author Topic: Carburetor adjustment & Cleaning for Carbureted 250cc motors  (Read 5775 times)

mrbios

• 2005 Kymco Grandvista 250cc
  • Just crusing along on my 2005 GV250
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Updated: 05-13-2014

I updated and added a few videos.  Each one is between 3 and 5 minutes.

These two videos are of the carburetor version of the Grandvista, Grand Dink, People 250 and any other Kymco scooters or motorcycle? that use the 250cc motor.  After about 2009? Kymco switched to fuel injection so the information in these videos does not apply to any fuel injected scooters.

I deal with the pilot jet or slow jet, main jet, off idle hesitation, Throttle Position Sensor or TPS, aftermarket Keihin Carburetors, changing the pilot jet to a larger size, using an Ultrasonic cleaner and copper wire to clean holes that get clogged.  I also examine the vacuum diaphragm / vacuum piston. I also discuss adjusting the idle mixture screw or Pilot Screw.  I will add a third video when I perform the work of removing the carb on the Grandvista.

Kymco Grandvista / Grand Dink:

Carburetor Cleaning & Theory three part series:

« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 09:08:15 PM by mrbios »
PaulC

TLRam1

• View Profile
Re: Carburetor adjustment & Cleaning for Carbureted 250cc motors
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 06:32:18 AM »
Nice videos, thank you.
Terry
10 Kymco People S 250
87 Yamaha Riva 200 (Sold)
Allen TX (Dallas)
cli-maxridinggear.com

mrbios

• 2005 Kymco Grandvista 250cc
  • Just crusing along on my 2005 GV250
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Carburetor adjustment & Cleaning for Carbureted 250cc motors
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 03:17:25 AM »
Nice videos, thank you.

Your welcome.  I'll be uploading another one soon that shows the scooter being worked on - not just still photos.  It was a lot of time and effort but when I did research on my carb issues I found a lot of fragmented info on the web and very little info on the throttle position sensor - I still can't find out how the computer uses the information it provides.. 
PaulC

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()