Author Topic: Bar Weights?  (Read 1223 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Bar Weights?
« on: December 27, 2013, 10:49:06 PM »
Read someplace recently that a scooter rider added heavier handlebar ends (17oz~!) to improve the handling after installing a larger top case.
What's that all about?
(I ask because I'm getting ready to install a large Bestem on my LIKE 200i. It is larger than the stock case on my LIKE - but I am not going to over-load it - these top cases are too high for good stability if weighted. I purchased the Bestem for it's rear lights and added 'rear presence' to cagers. The tools I keep low under the seat.)
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

mnpugdog

• View Profile
Re: Bar Weights?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 11:55:12 PM »
I have not noticed any change in how my DT rides with the Bestum box or adding a Givi windscreen.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 02:27:32 AM »
I have not noticed any change in how my DT rides with the Bestum box or adding a Givi windscreen.

I've got to ask, how do you get 100+ MPG on a 150 in mixed riding and I'm getting about 60 MPG on a 163cc in mixed riding? What's so special about your bike?
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 03:22:39 AM »
Read someplace recently that a scooter rider added heavier handlebar ends (17oz~!) to improve the handling after installing a larger top case.
What's that all about?
(I ask because I'm getting ready to install a large Bestem on my LIKE 200i. It is larger than the stock case on my LIKE - but I am not going to over-load it - these top cases are too high for good stability if weighted. I purchased the Bestem for it's rear lights and added 'rear presence' to cagers. The tools I keep low under the seat.)
Stig

Bar end weights are there to reduce vibration and not to improve handling...

mnpugdog

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 03:21:29 AM »
I've got to ask, how do you get 100+ MPG on a 150 in mixed riding and I'm getting about 60 MPG on a 163cc in mixed riding? What's so special about your bike?

you got me. When you read the info on how they came about the MPG for this machine it ranged from 75-130. The EPA said they could only claim 85 mpg. My machine is diffidently in the higher range. And like I have said before I am a WOT type of guy when I ride too.

johnson

• Johnson
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, 05:49:12 AM »
kilometers per gallon?
People S250 - 2007
Honda Metropolitan - 2002
Lance Cali Classic 125 - 2012
Peace Verona 2012 - sold
Lance Cali Classic 50 - 2011 - sold

mnpugdog