Author Topic: Outside edge of tires  (Read 420 times)

mstparker

• View Profile
Outside edge of tires
« on: March 26, 2019, 02:20:21 PM »
Wearing a little more than inside edge. See the ridge on the inside edge? Your right side looking at pic. Should I pull the top of the tire in a little? I would probably just take it to my dealer, they are really good.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 02:37:41 PM by mstparker »

pa-outdoorsman

• Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
Re: Outside edge of tires
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 02:40:56 PM »
Interesting. So, here's a dumb question: is there even a way to do that? I assume you are saying there is a place where the wheel attaches to the axle that allows you to adjust the angle of the wheel, but I'm not familiar with this. Definitely learning a lot here on the forum. Thanks!
2018 Kymco UXV 450i
2021 Honda ADV 150

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 02:55:05 PM »
Probably too much toe-in if outside edge wears more than inside...
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 04:44:35 PM »
Unfortunately these machines don't have all the adjustments that our family vehicles have. Upper and lower ball jints are fixed so camber is not adjustable. Adjusting toe may help a little, but it is just the nature of the beast.  These tires are soft so rolling on the rim is commin causing the edges to wear. Riding on pavement makes them wear faster.  These tires are designed to run offroad which really means soft soil or sand to get the best wear. Depending on what surface you ride on most, you can buy tires to match those conditions. Also keep in mind the original tires that come on these machines are not top of the line tires, so you cant expect bargain tires to give the best wear, just like your family car.

mstparker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 05:57:52 PM »
You are correct again! I stopped by the dealer today and talked to them, I didn't think it was a problem and they didn't either, I'm probably gonna put new ones on when it gets closer to fall. I do quite a bit of on pavement, we are on a dead end narrow paved rural road and so I don't worry about the law....Also where I hunt, gotta go 1/4 mile on pavement from where we can unload and park to the property entry.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()