Author Topic: New Like 50 2t + Newbie Rider = good juju (life, breaking in a new engine, etc.)  (Read 26506 times)

Like50ninja

• View Profile
What does an out of round tire mean? What should I be looking for? Can I fix it or will I have to buy a new tire
Also noticed tonight when I let of the throttle it feels like my scooter still just keeps going for a few seconds then all of a sudden it lets up
I'm still fouling the plug at WOT I'm going to try an 85 jet now that I have it and adjust my needle up and see how that runs
In the pack of reed petals I found 2 that were perfectly flat but the screw holes on the petals don't match up with the holes on the cage so it makes them bend when u screw them on
I drilled the holes out so they would line up right and used blue loctite and they still don't sit flat
I'm going to order a new reed cage from kymco I guess and see if that works
Thanks again for all the help

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Have you tried block sanding your cage? I use 200gr paper on a pane of glass to "true" all sorts of parts. It could be your cage has taken a warp from being installed. If you do decide to true it use 200 then 600 then 1500 to polish
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Like50ninja

• View Profile
So I was riding home yesterday and the end cap on my silencer just fell off the carbon fiber tube the cap that connects to the pipe and the bolts are all still there just the end piece and all the packing material fell out! It is crazy loud, I ordered a replacement silencer,
Any reason why this would have happened?
Anything I can do for now to quite it down a bit while I wait For the replacement?
It won't damage anything running with out it will it?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
You can re pack it with common fiberglass. It will allow the engine to run lean so I would repair it before any riding.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Like50ninja

• View Profile
I dont have any other mode of transportation so I am going to have to atleast ride it to and from work
I thought the same thing so
I did a plug test today and it is still running rich
I have the needle on the lowest setting, 40 pilot at 3.5 turns now that it got really hot I had to turn it out further to keep it idling
90 main jet, I still feel I need a bigger pilot cause it sputters at 1/4 throttle but they dont sell a bigger one
I even removed the box air filter and it still doesnt fix the richness

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
Have you tested the auto choke? It may be stuck partially on.

Like50ninja

• View Profile
nope how do I do that?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
Remove the choke, and mark the tip where it enters the tube. Turn on the key, and note how far the tip moves. It must be 4mm minimum.

Like50ninja

• View Profile
My friend gave me the dellorto racing 19 phbg carb today, I looked at it and it has a 75 main jet and a 60 slow jet or I'm reading it upside down and it's a 09, I also have a cable and a choke assembly that you twist and pull. The cable only had one of those metal nubs on it the other end is just a 1/2 in of non bendable cable does that mean the cable is defective. Also how do I set up the manual choke, with the twist assembly?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()