Author Topic: Help modifying my like 50 2t  (Read 5487 times)

Like50ninja

• View Profile
Help modifying my like 50 2t
« on: March 04, 2011, 09:37:38 PM »
I just bought a Like 50 2t and I love it!! I was looking to make some mods to it
Like Exhaust, 70cc kit  and I was hoping to get some suggestions on parts and part numbers
And if I mod those 2 items is there anything else I need to mod to make it run properly
And can I mod anything else to get more horsepower
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

scootermaven

• View Profile
Re: Help modifying my like 50 2t
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 10:03:13 PM »
I just bought a Like 50 2t and I love it!! I was looking to make some mods to it
Like Exhaust, 70cc kit  and I was hoping to get some suggestions on parts and part numbers
And if I mod those 2 items is there anything else I need to mod to make it run properly
And can I mod anything else to get more horsepower
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

What have you done to it so far and how many miles are on it?  What sort of performance are you looking to get and how much money are looking to spend to get it?
I may be slower uphill, but I'm quicker at the gas pump!

Like50ninja

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 10:27:50 PM »
The only thing that has been changed is they changed what looked like a socket with a lip on it with a socket that was completely flat
I would like to modify it so I can get it to go atleat 55 and maintain it's speed uphill better with out sacrificing to much of it's life expectancy
I like it a lot and would like to keep riding it as long as possible
It has 645 miles on
I have about $800 to spend
Thanks again for the help

scootermaven

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 04:26:46 AM »
The only thing that has been changed is they changed what looked like a socket with a lip on it with a socket that was completely flat
I would like to modify it so I can get it to go atleat 55 and maintain it's speed uphill better with out sacrificing to much of it's life expectancy
I like it a lot and would like to keep riding it as long as possible
It has 645 miles on
I have about $800 to spend
Thanks again for the help

Well, you should certainly get close to 55 mph by installing a 72cc cylinder kit and a few other upgrades.  You are definitely going to need a different exhaust, but I'm sure you already realize that.  I have a scooter mechanic who has upgraded my KYMCO Like 50 2T and we have talked about this very thing...installing a 72cc kit, probably Malossi is the way I'll go.  I don't really care for a pipe too loud on such a scoot, so I'll probably stick with the LeoVince SP3 already on the scoot when I do install the kit.  Anyway, instead of me rambling on to you, you should contact Josh at The Scooter Garage (josh@thescootergarage.com) directly.  Tell him Chris referred you.  BTW, he's "Areomyst" on this forum, so you may have seen his posts.  Good luck and please report back with performance results.  

Like50ninja

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 01:09:00 AM »
You said u had a leovince sp3 exhaust on your scooter is this the best performing exhaust for the like 50 and how much more speed did u get by upgrading the exhaust?

scootermaven

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 10:22:02 PM »
You said u had a leovince sp3 exhaust on your scooter is this the best performing exhaust for the like 50 and how much more speed did u get by upgrading the exhaust?

No, it's probably NOT the "best-performing" exhaust, but I wanted something way less restrictive, more lightweight and more cosmetically appealing than the stock pipe, so I went with the LeoVince SP3.  I'm sure an expansion chamber-type exhaust would perform better, but I didn't like the looks of one of those on a retro-styled scooter, or at least not the KYMCO Like.  That's a matter of opinion though.  I don't know how much speed I picked-up just by installing the SP3 pipe, as I did other performance upgrades at the same time.  When you purchase the SP3 pipe, it comes with lighter roller weights and stiffer clutch springs to complement the pipe, so you're likely not just going to be bolting-on a pipe without doing some other "common sense" upgrades while you've got the CVT cover and the carburetor off the scoot.  I put some Dr. Pulley sliding variator weights (7 gr.) in instead of the conventional roller weights that came with the pipe.  Personally, I'm a firm believer in the Dr. Pulley's, but that's just me.  They seem more quiet during operation and the performance design of them just makes sense to me.  To each their own, right?  Best of luck!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()