Author Topic: Where's all the new Like 50 2T owners????  (Read 10538 times)

scootermaven

• View Profile
Where's all the new Like 50 2T owners????
« on: December 02, 2010, 02:14:55 PM »
I'm assuming the new Like's are selling well and I was hoping there would be many more KYMCO Like 50 2T comments and/or reports.  I am thinking about buying one, but I am kinda of wondering what folks are paying for the scooter new (considering an M.S.R.P. of $2,099.00) in this slower  economy and also some general feedback since purchasing.  I have been perusing Craigslist for a pre-owned Like 50, but haven't seen very many to this point here in N.C.  I did find one in Raleigh, NC, but it was too much money considering the scratches it had on it already.  Any feedback would be great!
I may be slower uphill, but I'm quicker at the gas pump!

Rianna

• View Profile
Re: Where's all the new Like 50 2T owners????
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 04:13:03 PM »
Hi, scootermaven. I don't see any Likes anywhere on Craigslist let alone in NC. All I did see in NC was a People 50, a ZX and that dang Super 9 L/C I like so much. :(

They were all $850 or less. Here's the link for all the Kymcos in NC today:

http://motorcycle.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/mash.cgi?cat=mcy&fil=&itm=kymco&state=NC&ps=&pe=&ys=&ye=&so=d&submit=+GO+

Good luck with your search.

scootermaven

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 02:32:04 AM »
Ended-up ordering a new one from Vespa of Charlotte.  Got a great deal, too!  They are currently sold out of the Like, but mine should be in next week sometime from KYMCO USA down in Spartanburg...not very far from Charlotte.  First thing I'm gonna do to it once I pick-it-up from the dealer is head over to Areomyst's shop (a.k.a. Josh @ The Scooter Garage) to have it fully de-restricted and put-on a new, less restrictive exhaust pipe.  My mission is to get to at least 45 mph.  Once I get the bike broken-in, may go for putting in a Malossi 72cc cylinder kit.  It's gonna be fun and I can't wait to get it.  It will be my first NEW scoot, so I am looking forward to the event.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 02:37:51 AM »
Alright! Glad to hear it!! Congratulations, scootermaven!!!

I bet you're gonna love it!

obx107

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 08:57:21 PM »
Got a great deal on my black 2011 Like50 2t. I bought it from a guy who won it in a contest. 1500$ brand new and picked it up at the dealer when it was shipped from Taiwan. Runs great with top speed of about 38 mph and I weight about 200lbs . I use it on the  beach  road in the OBX .This is my 3rd scoot, I also have a honda elite 80 and a burgman 400. OBX 107  

scootermaven

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 02:55:43 AM »
Got a great deal on my black 2011 Like50 2t. I bought it from a guy who won it in a contest. 1500$ brand new and picked it up at the dealer when it was shipped from Taiwan. Runs great with top speed of about 38 mph and I weight about 200lbs . I use it on the  beach  road in the OBX .This is my 3rd scoot, I also have a honda elite 80 and a burgman 400. OBX 107  

Wow, that's a great deal!!!  Any performance modifications to your Like?  Have you noticed the bright light that comes from the top of the headlight when riding, especially at night.  I just picked-up a new Like yesterday and it was one of the things I noticed immediately.  I let my friend ride it and he noticed it too.  If you have noticed it, does it bother you at all?  Let us know.  I am debating in my mind how I'm gonna fix that issue.  BTW, how many miles are you showing on your Like so far?

scootermaven

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2010, 12:10:25 AM »
Well, got my Like 50 2T a couple of days ago.  Forget "Like", I'm in LOVE with it!  Removed the restricted boss drive, up-jetted, installed new LeoVince SP3 exhaust, installed higher rpm clutch springs and 6.5 gram Dr. Pulley sliders.  She performs real well off-the-line, during acceleration, pulling hills and runs right now at a top speed of 40 mph on the flats with my 205 lbs. on it.  I am probably going to go up to 7 gram Dr. Pulley's (my scooter mechanic was out of that weight).  I imagine once I switch-over to the 7 gram Dr. Pulley's and get her broken in properly, she'll likely do 45 mph or better.  Hope you "like" what you see!

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2010, 01:17:46 AM »
Lookin' GOOD, scootermaven! I know you're enjoying that new scoot!!

Wow, you've done so much for only having it a few days!

scootermaven

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2010, 01:36:56 AM »
Lookin' GOOD, scootermaven! I know you're enjoying that new scoot!!

Wow, you've done so much for only having it a few days!

Thanks, Rianna!  I am really enjoying it, so far...just wished it were warmer "riding weather" here in central N.C.  I rode it for about 20 miles or so today...can't wait to get it broken-in.  As far as having done so much already, I can't take all the credit for that.  Josh, a.k.a. Areomyst on here, did most of the performance-related stuff.  I'm gonna do some cosmetic upgrades too, just not sure what yet.  May get a set of crash bars for it, as KYMCO USA already has those available.  I'm also thinking about swapping the trunk on it for a quick-release version.  I would like to remove the trunk quickly when it's really not in-use.  I don't like carrying around the extra wait and bulk when it's not really needed.  It would be great if I could locate a quick-release bracket to mount on the stock trunk, but I'll have to do some investigating on that one.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2010, 01:46:53 AM »
I know it. This weather's not cooperating with us folks that want to ride. I had heard that Josh does good work, now I see that he works fast too! That's a great idea for that quick-relase mount on that trunk. I hope to read that you found something that works good. I might actually invest in a trunk if it was quick and easy to remove when I don't want it on. Hope you a few more halfway decent riding days in!!

scootermaven

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2010, 03:12:09 AM »
I know it. This weather's not cooperating with us folks that want to ride. I had heard that Josh does good work, now I see that he works fast too! That's a great idea for that quick-release mount on that trunk. I hope to read that you found something that works good. I might actually invest in a trunk if it was quick and easy to remove when I don't want it on. Hope you a few more halfway decent riding days in!!

I know...I LOVE TO RIDE! ;D  I just went out for a quick little ride before tucking the Like in for the cold night...it's like a hot shower for her before bedtime, right?  She LOVES it!

Josh is AWESOME!  I think he was so quick cuz he wanted to see and work on the Like.  He's a real KYMCO guru, for sure.  He's also restoring a '79 Vespa P125X for me...supposed to be ready by Christmas (Josh, I hope you are reading this!)

Shad and Givi top cases have quick release latches and they're great.  I like the all white top case on mine, so maybe I'll find some sort of quick-release bracket.  Let me know if you happen to run across something.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 05:03:00 AM by scootermaven »

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2010, 03:36:05 AM »
it's like a hot shower for her before bed, right?  She LOVES it!

You crackin' me up, scootermaven!!

Wow, you gettin' a Christmas scoot too?? I hope you've got a tall tree this year!

scootermaven

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2010, 05:00:11 AM »
it's like a hot shower for her before bed, right?  She LOVES it!

You crackin' me up, scootermaven!!

Wow, you gettin' a Christmas scoot too?? I hope you've got a tall tree this year!

I meant to say..."it's like a hot shower for her before bedtime, right?"  Oh well, that's what happens when you're typin' too fast.  I'm glad you got a chuckle out of it, Rianna!

I've actually had the vintage Vespa going on a couple of months now, so it's not really a Christmas scoot.  Rather, it's a money pit to some extent.  Nonetheless, I hope Josh can't get it mechanically sound for me.  It's a 4-speed, 125cc, 2-stroke, so it should be lots of fun to ride.  I have always wanted an old Vespa and now I have one, so we'll see how it goes.  After Josh gets it running great, then I'll have to decide what to do with it cosmetically.  I may decide to ride it like a rat bike or I may decide to do some sort of cool custom paint job.

You know, I've been seeing those upside-down Christmas trees for sale, so I know a scoot would fit nicely under one of those.::)  If my roomie would let me bring the Like inside, I might put it next to the tree.  But...that probably ain't gonna happen.  I'll have a merry Christmas anyway, no doubt.;)

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2010, 05:13:00 AM »
I think I knew what you meant, but it did make for a nice laugh.

That Vespa does sound like fun! I look forward to seeing a pic of it after Josh is done with it. I have never seen an upside-down Christmas tree before. Maybe your roomie will overlook the rules for the sake a nice picture moment. ;D

scootermaven

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2010, 05:36:55 AM »
I think I knew what you meant, but it did make for a nice laugh.

That Vespa does sound like fun! I look forward to seeing a pic of it after Josh is done with it. I have never seen an upside-down Christmas tree before. Maybe your roomie will overlook the rules for the sake a nice picture moment. ;D

Would you like to see some "before" photos of the Vespa?  If so, I'll post some.

They sell the upside-down Christmas tress at Target.com, so go check them out.  They are much better for putting (more) gifts under and look totally cool. ;D

My roomie will have soooooo much Christmas stuff in the room where the tree will be, there won't be ANY room for my scooter. :-\

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()