Author Topic: I want to chnge my exhaust sytems. Need some help  (Read 1315 times)

2010Iron883

• My 2010 Iron 883
    • View Profile
I want to chnge my exhaust sytems. Need some help
« on: July 11, 2011, 11:32:55 AM »
I have a 2007 kymco agility 125. I also have a performance exhauts sytem iwant to install. How hard is it to rejet these carbs. I will have to rejet my carb right? I will also have to atleast put vents in my airbox lid want i? Just shoot me what you know about this. If anybody has done it without modifying anything let me know if you had any problems. Thanks for all of your time

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
Re: I want to chnge my exhaust sytems. Need some help
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 09:43:02 AM »
Probably best to do the exhaust mod then go for a run and check your plug.

My Agility 50 was running rich according to my plug so I ended up drilling 6x holes about 9-10mm each in the front of my stock airbox near the bottom. Tried that and it was then too lean so mess around with duct tape over some holes and found the 3x holes open and 3x taped over works fine, plug now reads perfect. If I had thought about it longer I would just have drilled 1 hole at a time till it was right, but I didnt. Plan on upgrading to an open filter eventually anyway but this works for now.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

marioG

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 12:01:09 PM »
put exhaust on...drive scoot at least a mile with full throttle...check plug..

each carb from factory come little rich...

think u dont need to change anything....this is 4stroke....only loud noise will be....product...if exhaust are the same bore but without cat...if too big - rejet is needed....

its really hard to rejet 24mm carb on this 125cc kdu...but try 1-3 size bigger jet...104 is original (eu) 108 maybe?
FUBAR is an acronym that commonly means "f***ed up beyond all recognition/any repair".

2010Iron883

• My 2010 Iron 883
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 02:26:26 PM »
yeah i know i could just try it and see but i work my a$$ and am very limited on my time. I have a harley i ride when it is pretty and i ride the scoot when there is a chance for rain. i am just gonna have to take one of my days off and do it one day. I can always put the stock exhaust back on i just hate paying to have the muffler fabbed up and brackets made and then it not run well. I dont have a tig welder so i can do the fabricating.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 02:45:48 PM »
You can check the plug in 15- 20 mins at most, doesnt take long and most exhausts wont need any welding, maybe just a flatbar bracket made up or something at most. Some just bolt on tho.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()