Author Topic: Cereza... She's a hoss!  (Read 6080 times)

Triesandluth

• Getting it, a mile per hour at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Cereza... She's a hoss!
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2016, 02:46:23 PM »
That agility it's sexy! Mine just has a look to it like a very butch woman. Kinda thick and stout lol. It's a 2009.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Almost...at...speed...limit... Aww, brake lights..

Triesandluth

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2016, 02:49:22 PM »
Yeah, and if that's real works 60 plus at a little over 9k then I could be easily turn more at the 10.5k that mine's pleased to run at. I was always told that I should be faster. I didn't take the weld into account. Since every torque driver I've seen had one I thought it was on all of them.

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2016, 03:20:29 PM »
The famous shoulder on the Malossi torque driver is there because the weld is machined off on the belt side.  Would be cool if I had the right set-up with driven pulley, just need to tune it some more to get belt a little lower?  Maybe all I need is some heavy sliders to try?  Has anyone noticed the weld getting shinned up from the belt rubbing on it?

Actually, I am OK with turning 10,500 for short bursts to get to 60 plus mph, but wouldn't want to cruise at 10,500.  Mine is pretty sweet as is, but my scooter would be bringing up the rear in a top speed competition lols.  Cheers
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

Triesandluth

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2016, 04:52:36 PM »
Well, I've got the 732 length belt on the way. That will give me the extra bit to ride all the way down, and up the oversized variator.
Does your belt make it up the variator, chaz? On my malossi variator it did, until I removed the back plate on the delta allowing the pulley to open completely. Then I had some space.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2016, 11:23:59 PM »
64mph at 9100 revs, you got it figured out IMO.  I am running the Malossi torque driver and it has the weld machined off, is smooth.  So far, I don't think it's given me any additional top speed, so maybe I need to do some more testing.  Cheers

Thanx chaz...and she jumps off the line pretty quick too...

..That's not really a machined weld, on the malossi..It's just made smooth..

..what size drive belt are you running? ..I ask because if you remove that "restriction", you'll need a longer than OEM belt...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2016, 11:30:27 PM »
That agility it's sexy! Mine just has a look to it like a very butch woman. Kinda thick and stout lol. It's a 2009.

thanks tries!  :)

..I loved that scoot.....

8)

this is kymmi on the day she left me....she went to Asheville, actually...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2016, 11:37:32 PM »
..with a restricted driven pulley, the drive belt slips in the variator at top end, which increases rpms and creates a loss of torque, due to the engine revving higher than the pipe's powerband...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2016, 11:44:10 PM »
..kymmi all lit up...
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 11:46:26 PM by wordslinger »

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2016, 02:53:59 AM »
I am still running the Kymco OEM clutch, so don't have black plate to remove (I think Delta is your clutch?)  Yes, seems belt comes up pretty close to the top of the Malossi variator.  I am running the OEM belt too, has approx 8000kms on it, so width may be hurting my top speed a little too.

Next project, install Malossi torque driver on my other S9.  I will be looking at it closely for how low the belt can go on the driven side.  Lots of trade-offs, if you make the belt shorter to get it lower on the driven side, it will not get as high on the variator?  Like word has done, have to get everything working together:  sliders, belt, torque spring, all have to be balanced to get belt high on variator side, low on the driven pulley side for max top speed.  I don't think I am there yet, but will look at CVT again, looking at some different angles.

I am thinking word's engine is making good HP too.  I don't know, but think these engines are probably making max HP/ torque something a little less than 9000 revs, so word is right there.  Word, tell us more about your engine.  Cheers
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

Triesandluth

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2016, 09:24:37 AM »
I think a lot of it was in his thread I shared to you, chaz. Unless he did more since, which is quite possible.
Yeah, the delta has that wretched back plate. Mine needs a rebuild or something. It's just in a box right now. The stock clutch is very nice. I know that I'm running close to high power right now, which is why I was wanting a performance clutch, and I wanted wheelies at one point. I'm over the wheelies at the moment, but I kinda like to hnoave a nice list of parts to rattle off. Even though the wiser tuner would be able to duplicate performance of the big names with the already sturdy Kymco oem things.
I'll be satisfied once I get this torque driver in and set up. I think I'll have some good things to report

paceneedsstides

• Cuz I can't drive...55!!...No I mean that I try...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2016, 06:57:01 AM »
don't let him fool you Chaz he tried to burnouts multiple times our last ride together. . .
2013 Kymco/Malossi Like 70 2T
Technigas Next R Chrome exhaust
Malossi Dellorto 19mm Carb
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Malossi Blue Rear Pulley Spring
Malossi Torsion controller
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit
Malossi PHBG Open Racing Filter Chrome Covered

Triesandluth

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2016, 07:21:00 AM »
Hey! I blame several things, including early engaging clutch and weighing a ton...

...see if I stick up for you next time...

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2016, 02:35:34 PM »
There is a little S turn/ chicane on concrete (the best/ safest traction I know of) I go thru often that gives a really cool sensation.  Start off at stop sign, give is WOT and veer left a ways and build up some speed, then turn right, front end gets light.  Ever watch MotoGP?, I know silly, but it's like that a little, scooter leaning to right, scooter turning to the right, but front wheel turned out left, feels really cool, I would take it over a wheelie any day.

I read thread all 29 pages on my computer, lots of good info.  I probably won't change clutch or belt, just too much work/ expense for me.  There is law "law of diminishing returns" that sets in when you get close to optimum.  Basically, you have to do a lot of work/ spend a lot of $'s to get a small additional improvement.  But you never know, I have done way more than I ever intended to do, and having a great time.  Cheers

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()