Author Topic: how to get the panels off people S 50 and 125  (Read 462 times)

william1313

• View Profile
how to get the panels off people S 50 and 125
« on: June 19, 2022, 12:44:20 PM »
Thought I would post a video that I watched that helped me get the panels off my 2009 peoples S 50 4T

Its in Italian  (I think) but it is short and accurate.
Without it my valve job would have been harder.

https://www.scegliauto.com/en/video/kymco/moto_tutorial/36901/

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: how to get the panels off people S 50 and 125
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2022, 03:54:58 PM »
Perfect example why I check the difficulty of valves, oils and wheel removal servicing when factoring my choice of purchase.
If I were wealthy...I'd let my dealer worry about the maintenance schedule....and buy whatever.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022, 01:58:33 PM »
william1313 - I have that same scoot body on my S200. Stig stickied a post on body, exhaust and rear wheel removal on the S200. It appears to be very well done  8).  Looks like it would apply to all People S models of that era.
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 - work in progress

william1313

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2022, 03:16:47 PM »
Perfect example why I check the difficulty of valves, oils and wheel removal servicing when factoring my choice of purchase.
If I were wealthy...I'd let my dealer worry about the maintenance schedule....and buy whatever.
Stig

It was mentioned above that you posted on "how to remove body parts". (Wait! That doesn't sound right!)  Please help me find that post?   I wonder what percentage of scooter drivers who have both technical abilities and economic resources choose to do their own maintainence vs outsourcing the job to their dealer.   Now that I did this once and avoided the hazzle of driving the scooter to the dealer and leaving it there until it was "cold" and then getting my wife to drive me to pick it up .....I think self maintainence is the way to go for me.   However I know "S" about  brakes or wheels.

Addenum:  I did find a post by Iahawk on removing shocks and rear wheels.  Wonderful documentation!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 05:17:28 PM by william1313 »

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2022, 11:04:05 PM »
william - I think most scooter riders (and motorcyclists?) prefer to do their own maintenance. For one, it can be costly taking a scoot to a dealer plus you run the risk of them damaging body panels during removal if they are not familiar with the machine. Doing it yourself means you know it's done right, too. I think an oil change is a good example of a simple thing that may cost you 1 quart or liter of oil...but you may pay a dealer $100 USD to do the same job that cost you $8 USD. Same with a spark plug change or air filter change. All simple things that can be costly at the dealer or require you to leave your scoot there for days at a time.

I have posted about changing fork oil in the S200 (to improve ride quality), converting to led bulbs, removing body panels, cleaning the carb, etc. These are really simple machines plus youtube has videos on just about anything you'd ever want to do to them. You will save a little money plus get a greater sense of accomplishment from doing your own maintenance...and you'll know it was done right!
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 - work in progress

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()