Author Topic: Yager for Cannonball?  (Read 6941 times)

KymcoRockr

• View Profile
Re: Yager for Cannonball?
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2016, 03:31:27 PM »
We installed a Faco windshield, and it is extremely stable and tall. Maybe too tall. We have the Puig shield that we are going to try next.
As far as the rev limiter, that has been a problem in terms of tuning. With the Malossi variator and 13 gram rollers, the bike had great acceleration, but lost a bit off the top. We contacted Kymco about ways around the rev limiter, and it appears there is no simple solution. So, despite my reservations, we are trying a set of 15 gm. Dr. Pulley sliders in the Malossi variator. At the same time, we installed a CIF bell and the new Malossi Clutch and Contra Spring. There is a definite ringing sound at take off, but no shudder or lag. We haven't had a good chance to see what sort of top end the new sliders brought us, but the big Faco shield seems to have cost a bit off the top as well.
Been riding for a very long time.
AK550
Yager 200

tortoise

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2016, 04:18:33 PM »
Malossi Clutch and Contra Spring
Are the clutch and contra springs the same color?  Related discussion.

Have the torque driver and front wheel bearings been re-grease?

What is your engine oil preference?

KymcoRockr

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2016, 09:19:48 PM »
The springs in the clutch are blue and the contra spring is yellow. We use Bel Ray 10-50 EXS  in all our scooters. Aren't the front wheel bearings sealed?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 05:46:50 PM by KymcoRockr »
Been riding for a very long time.
AK550
Yager 200

eakins

• Butler Motorcycle Maps
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2016, 06:15:50 PM »
We installed a Faco windshield, and it is extremely stable and tall. Maybe too tall. We have the Puig shield that we are going to try next.
As far as the rev limiter, that has been a problem in terms of tuning. With the Malossi variator and 13 gram rollers, the bike had great acceleration, but lost a bit off the top. We contacted Kymco about ways around the rev limiter, and it appears there is no simple solution. So, despite my reservations, we are trying a set of 15 gm. Dr. Pulley sliders in the Malossi variator. At the same time, we installed a CIF bell and the new Malossi Clutch and Contra Spring. There is a definite ringing sound at take off, but no shudder or lag. We haven't had a good chance to see what sort of top end the new sliders brought us, but the big Faco shield seems to have cost a bit off the top as well.

Ah so my ringing sound is from my oem bell, even at 900 miles, I guess.

Curious how those sliders work.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()