Author Topic: Top Carrier Box Mount Plate for Super 9  (Read 2736 times)

aktohl

• View Profile
Top Carrier Box Mount Plate for Super 9
« on: September 08, 2008, 09:29:36 PM »
Hey all, new user here. I've searched around for this info and have been unable to get an answer. I'm hoping someone in this forum will have the expertise to help me.

I would like to mount a Top Carrier box, like a Givi Simply E450 on my Kymco Super 9. I have discovered (after I bought the Givi box) that a special mount plate is needed, KYMCO-Carrier Plate-NH-KS101-01 that costs a whopping $100 bucks from local dealers. Is there any less expensive options out there that anyone is aware of? I would love to drop a $100 on the Kymco part but I just can't afford it and need to get the box mounted securely.

Thanks very much in advance for the help.

idyltime

• View Profile
Re: Top Carrier Box Mount Plate for Super 9
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 12:53:18 PM »
Check out Ebay.  There is a company that sells an adapter plate under "Kymco Super 9 top box mount" for $29.95 and $12 for shipping.  I bought one for my wife, and after I mounted hers, I ordered one for myself.  Nothing gets replaced or removed except for the mounting bolts on the rear rack.  We have Givi's mounted now.

aktohl

• View Profile
Re: Top Carrier Box Mount Plate for Super 9
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 02:15:26 PM »
Thanks very much for the assistance idyltime.

I discovered that plate on ebay as well but unfortunately they refuse to ship to Canada under any circumstances and I couldn't convince them otherwise. Glad it worked well for you.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()