Author Topic: oil strainer  (Read 1231 times)

milscootee

• View Profile
oil strainer
« on: July 24, 2011, 03:53:35 PM »
I recently purchased a used 2008 agility 125 with 230km on it and the first thing I wanted to do was change the oil and filter. I found out there is no filter, only an oil strainer. I was under the impression it was on the drain plug, but there is none on mine. Is there a second drain plug somewhere to access this, or is mine missing one. Bottom line, where is it supposed to be?
Thanks.

marioG

• View Profile
Re: oil strainer
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 05:08:31 PM »
its on the other side.....of scoot...
lowest point...
FUBAR is an acronym that commonly means "f***ed up beyond all recognition/any repair".

2010Iron883

• My 2010 Iron 883
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 05:45:08 PM »
Yeah and it is the same size as the oil plug as far as the bolt head but there is a cap sort of in with it so the whole thing is about the size of a silver dollar. It is spring loaded but very simple just pay attention to it and how it goes.

Red Horn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 09:27:26 PM »
Helpful hints that may help from my experience with it:

Drain into a plastic jar with wide mouth and lid. Makes taking to recycle easy. I ask for mine back every time.

If spring and or strainer falls into jar, no biggie. I use a plastic picnic fork to simply fish it out then clean.

Be careful not to cross-thread going back in. It is a little tricky to get started due to spring tension.

If engine is same as my 2009 it will only take 26 to 27 oz of oil to refill. A small long (12" or so) funnel worked better for me than short wide opening one.

milscootee

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 02:14:26 PM »
Thanks for all of your replies. I did find it on my own. I wound up changing oil twice, since I wanted to make sure I cleaned the strainer. There didn't appear to be anything in there anyway, but at least now I know where it is and that it is clean. By the way, I love this thing. I have 2 50cc Vento's, and a Burgman 650 also, and right now this is my favorite ride. I only wish I could license it as a moped so I could park it on the sidewalk. Thanks again for all your input.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()