Author Topic: Help with adding LEDs to Agility 125  (Read 4927 times)

nbyron

• View Profile
Help with adding LEDs to Agility 125
« on: July 18, 2011, 07:29:11 PM »
I recently decided that I needed to upgrade the lighting on my Agility 125 so I could be seen better - I have been driving on roads that do not have overhead lighting so I bought a replacement halogen headlight bulb and I was considering adding several LEDs as well.

I would like to add LEDs to the corner headlight bulbs (I think they are the Euro turn signals) for additional visibility and I was thinking about changing the blinkers to LEDs but I needed a little help.

Some questions:
1. When I replace the corner lights can I just buy LED replacement bulbs or do I need to completely redo the lights?  Also does anyone know what size bulb they take?
2. Again for the blinkers, do I need to replace the entire system or can I just use LED bulbs that fit into the current sockets? 

I have been looking everywhere for a guide to installing LEDs but have not found anything so I very much appreciate the help!

marioG

• View Profile
Re: Help with adding LEDs to Agility 125
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 03:57:04 AM »
blinkers?
better try first...
think that relay its going to give u some problems...but u can change everything else...
FUBAR is an acronym that commonly means "f***ed up beyond all recognition/any repair".

racewalker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 10:45:10 AM »
For the led flashers you need to replace the flasher unit with one made for led. If you use one made for a car, be sure to seal it or it will get water in and quit working. The other option is to add resistors to the system to make it think it still has bulbs in. Check out the DT300 area for info on this.
08 People S 125
11 Downtown 300i

nbyron

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 04:42:52 PM »
Thanks!

jstluise

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 05:00:38 AM »
What kind of upgrade is there for the headlight?  I took a ride a couple nights ago and hit a street that didn't have any street lights...it was at this point that I realized my headlight (low beam) is pretty weak, brightness-wise.  Bumping it up to the high beam helped, but I'd like a better light that won't annoy other drivers.

I do think if I adjust the beam up a little bit, that would help.  But a brighter light would be even better.  How many of you have upgraded?

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 01:56:45 PM »
What kind of upgrade is there for the headlight?  I took a ride a couple nights ago and hit a street that didn't have any street lights...it was at this point that I realized my headlight (low beam) is pretty weak, brightness-wise.  Bumping it up to the high beam helped, but I'd like a better light that won't annoy other drivers.

I do think if I adjust the beam up a little bit, that would help.  But a brighter light would be even better.  How many of you have upgraded?

Just going from the stock HS1 bulb (which is 35/35W) to a H4 (which is 55/60W) will help with
brightness, but will screw up the light pattern a bit. Still, it'll be better and brighter.

A cheap upgrade.

The pattern problem might be due to the fact that I bought the cheapest H4 bulb I found in
the first shop, but it's probably because of the different (longer) bulb body.
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

2010Iron883

• My 2010 Iron 883
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 02:29:18 PM »
They hav bulb upgrade on ebay as well.

jstluise

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 06:52:43 PM »
Is there any concern with the load on the stator?  I don't have the manual in front of me, and do not know if the rating on the stator is even mentioned (anyone know?).  I didn't know if going from 35w to 55w would make a difference, especially since the load is seen at all times.

EDIT: Found the manual online and found the rating.  The generator is rated for 144W @ 5000rpm, so running the higher wattage light should not be a problem.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 07:21:27 PM by jstluise »

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 09:23:49 PM »
Is there any concern with the load on the stator?  I don't have the manual in front of me, and do not know if the rating on the stator is even mentioned (anyone know?).  I didn't know if going from 35w to 55w would make a difference, especially since the load is seen at all times.

EDIT: Found the manual online and found the rating.  The generator is rated for 144W @ 5000rpm, so running the higher wattage light should not be a problem.

I've got the 55/60W bulb inside for at least a few months now, no issues.
No heat issues either.
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

marioG

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2011, 12:10:08 PM »
im using H4 Osram night breaker...

but i need to change rear light to LED dipol bulb....

each time i pull breake leaver, front light get dimmer....didnt like that..

FUBAR is an acronym that commonly means "f***ed up beyond all recognition/any repair".

racewalker

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2011, 02:53:38 AM »
On both of my bikes I run HID xenon. H4 bi-xenon  works great on my people S 125 and they are 35 watt.
08 People S 125
11 Downtown 300i

jstluise

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2011, 04:21:41 AM »
Well I had a spare 55/60W H4 bulb from my car, so I thought I would try it out.  I tore into the scoot tonight and discovered the bulb is not H4, but rather S2.

So what's the deal?  Why does everyone else have H4 bulbs but mine is S2?  It's a 2009, btw.

On the bulb: "12728 S2 Philips Duplo 12v 35/35W"

Here is what the S2 bulbs look like (much different than the H4):

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()