Author Topic: Kickstand  (Read 5328 times)

Corp_T

• View Profile
Kickstand
« on: July 06, 2011, 11:20:12 PM »
Ok, I just bought my 2009 Agility 125cc on Saturday and it has a center kickstand. Is it also supposed to have the side kickstand as well? It's kinda a hassle to use the center stand when I'm just going to be off it for 20 seconds and where I'll be parking at work they have plates on the ground for kickstands.

scootchesco

• View Profile
Re: Kickstand
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 12:00:50 AM »
I have a 2009 Agility 125 as well. It has both a center stand and a regular kick stand. Yours should have both.

Red Horn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 10:13:21 PM »
In-N-Out = Side Stand

Center if away more than few minutes or ground solidity is suspect. It is also more stable if scoot was to get "bumped".

Corp_T

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 09:39:38 AM »
I just hate putting down the center stand so I can throw the trash away and be back on it 2 seconds later. But yeah, I contacted the dealer and it turns out the kickstand was "sitting in the back" not sure what that means since I think it generally comes installed on the scooter. Either way they're shipping it to me. Thanks for the heads up that it's standard.

JENNY

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 01:49:16 PM »
All the scooters come stock with a center and side stand.  You could order the oem one thru me.

jenny
tnt cycles
717-453-7265

marioG

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 06:10:42 PM »
FUBAR is an acronym that commonly means "f***ed up beyond all recognition/any repair".

dwnthehatch

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 07:15:39 PM »
Mine didn't have a sidestand either. What is needed? I assume the side stand, bolts and springs. I'm wondering if it's worth the cost.

Corp_T

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 12:21:59 AM »
that's all it was. A stand, a spring, and a bolt. Really easy to install, would have been easier if I used a pair of pliers to pull the spring instead of re-purposing tools.

JENNY

• View Profile

dwnthehatch

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2011, 06:24:50 PM »
Thanks!

dwnthehatch

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 03:44:45 PM »
I got all of my parts in:

Stand Assy Side
Spring comp side stand
Screw side stand pivot
Plate spring stopper

I can't figure out how to install the spring stopper.  Can someone take a picture of the underside of the sidestand assembly?

I see no place for the bracket.

Also, my stand folds up as soon as I take it off of the stand unlike the picture above.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 04:52:32 PM by dwnthehatch »

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011, 07:38:00 PM »
I got all of my parts in:

Stand Assy Side
Spring comp side stand
Screw side stand pivot
Plate spring stopper

I can't figure out how to install the spring stopper.  Can someone take a picture of the underside of the sidestand assembly?

I see no place for the bracket.

Also, my stand folds up as soon as I take it off of the stand unlike the picture above.

Thanks!

On A125 and some other Kymcos I had (Cobra Cross 50), side stand behaves like yours.
What is shown on MarioG's picture is not typical.

OTOH, on my P250S, side stands remains extended as on this picture.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

dwnthehatch

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2011, 09:10:20 PM »
Thanks. I figured out the problem. I drove 50 miles to the nearest Kymco dealership. They have 3 Agilities in stock. I took a look at each one.

1. The side stand pivot screw in the schematic is 1/2" longer than the ones on the showroom floor. It it protrudes through the sidestand and causes the spring to kink. I corrected it by grinding the screw to the correct size.

2. The spring(s) in the parts schematic are incorrect.  The schematic shows a large spring with a smaller spring inside of it.  I received the double spring and it is barely strong enough to keep the side stand up.  It folds back down when hitting a bump. The ones on the showroom floor all had a much thicker gold single spring that look like the centerstand spring. I'm not sure if they are the same or not.

3. The plate spring stopper in the schematic cannot be found on any of the scooters at the dealership. I checked both 50cc and 125cc scooters. I'm not sure why it's even in the schematic.

So it looks like I will be ordering another centerstand spring to see if it will hold up the sidestand. Can anyone measure it against their sidestand screw to see if they are the same?

This time I will order from the dealership. I'm a little irritated that I was charged $19.77 to ship a package that was in a clearly reused box that only cost them $5.35 to ship. If I know the shipping charges were going to be that high I would have bought locally. Live and learn.

old geezer

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2011, 07:14:52 PM »
BTW, is Jenny the one that overcharged you on the shipping??

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()