Author Topic: Been parked for almost 2 years. RUNNING NOW! Need idle help!  (Read 3577 times)

marioG

• View Profile
Re: Been parked for almost 2 years. RUNNING NOW! Need idle help!
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2011, 03:08:02 PM »
hi,

1) unscrew electric choke and clean it - clean place inside carb too...
2) battery is not yet full or u got a stator problem....or idle is just freaking low...need 1700-1900rpm
3) maybe u didnt fit el choke or u have rich mixture at high rpms.....fit hole el parts again........

good luck mate
FUBAR is an acronym that commonly means "f***ed up beyond all recognition/any repair".

mjcharger

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2011, 04:43:55 PM »
A repair manual that I have for the Agility says you should unscrew the pilot screw 3 plus or minus a half turn. I think when I adjusted mine I unscrewed mine 3 1/4.

If you already cleaned out the carb you can try checking your fuel and air filter. You can use some compressed air to blast them both out.

As far as the lights dimming, they will dim when the engine lulls at a stop. It's because the stator's spinning slower. So long as the scooter doesn't die then you should be good. If your worried check your idle settings. Put it on the center stand and adjust the cable up to the point that the back tire doesnt spin. That's worked for me.

Finally, do you have 7 amp fuses installed?

Good luck.

marioG

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2011, 06:57:41 PM »
not pilot, idle screw....

FUBAR is an acronym that commonly means "f***ed up beyond all recognition/any repair".

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()