Author Topic: 2009 Agility 125 won't start  (Read 3305 times)

sab001

• View Profile
2009 Agility 125 won't start
« on: August 12, 2009, 01:45:26 PM »
I had surgery on my elbow a month ago. Finally cleared to resume all normal activity, I can now scoot again. Unfortunately, my scoot left untouched for 30 days without being started.

I recharged the battery hoping that by doing so my problem would be solved. Now I have a fully charged battery on a scoot that still doesn't want to go.

Switch set to run, key turned to ignition, button pushed. It tries to crank up (sounds like a lawn mower) but never fully starts.

Fuel? It has a full tank. 93 octane.

Location? I'm in Houston area. Temps are hot, hot, hot.

Dealer wants me to bring bike to him (hmm..... should I push it?) and for $150 he will drain gas and clean carb.

Is this something I can do? Would the fuel go bad that quick???

Please help...

Scott

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: 2009 Agility 125 won't start
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 05:44:16 PM »
Try a fresh spark plug. It may be enough to fire through. w/ ethanol in the fuel now, the carb bowl is the culprit.When the bike sits ethanol will attack the aluminum causing that white powder (alum. oxide) to form around the level line of the fuel. When you change the level line the ethanol will wash this oxide to the bottom of the bowl, and straight into your jet. Little known fact is the petrol. companies mix ethanol in, at up to 10% Then the distributer is also allowed to add up to 10% stabilizer for bulk storage. Guess what they are adding? So now you can have up to 20% by volume in certain areas. It is only a problem when you have aluminum that is steadily soaking in a sealed  area. ie/ float bowl- fuel tank. You may have to remove the bowl, and clean the jet- fuel intake port. a can of Brake Clean should do it.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Dawsman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 04:39:02 PM »
Try a fresh spark plug. It may be enough to fire through. w/ ethanol in the fuel now, the carb bowl is the culprit.When the bike sits ethanol will attack the aluminum causing that white powder (alum. oxide) to form around the level line of the fuel. When you change the level line the ethanol will wash this oxide to the bottom of the bowl, and straight into your jet. Little known fact is the petrol. companies mix ethanol in, at up to 10% Then the distributer is also allowed to add up to 10% stabilizer for bulk storage. Guess what they are adding? So now you can have up to 20% by volume in certain areas. It is only a problem when you have aluminum that is steadily soaking in a sealed  area. ie/ float bowl- fuel tank. You may have to remove the bowl, and clean the jet- fuel intake port. a can of Brake Clean should do it.
excellent advice. i bet its a plug. let us know what happens, kd. ;D

Calothrix

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 02:28:13 AM »
Did you have the left break lever applied?  I know, this sounds obvious, but I've been known to overlook the obvious at times.  Good luck!

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 07:22:18 AM »
Did you have the left break lever applied?  I know, this sounds obvious, but I've been known to overlook the obvious at times.  Good luck!

Even better, is the micro switch functioning on that lever?
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()