Author Topic: Got questions for the 08 Super-9 and tuning  (Read 1851 times)

Greenbean

• View Profile
Got questions for the 08 Super-9 and tuning
« on: December 21, 2008, 08:26:37 PM »
OK, here goes,  :)

Can you install an older guage package with a tach in it and if so, does the 08 model AC, have the tach output on the CDI.
if not can an older de-restricted CDI be used on an 08-09 S9?
Or is it just best to mount some type of little aftermarket tach, not what i really want to do.

Now, how hard is it to convert the rear drum brake to a disc? Is it worth it?

Can I biuld a LC 70cc+ engine for it and then install it in the spring, is it even worth it, running cooling lines and stuff for a radiator, if so does anybody know if there are mounts on the 08 for a radiator in the front.

I am looking into a 08 Super-9, I kind of want to buy it stock and learn as I go to building a faster scoot.

Thanks for the info, 8)

Sorry for all the questions,  ::)

getonit

Re: Got questions for the 08 Super-9 and tuning
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 10:42:43 AM »
Hey Greenbean,

I just caught your scooter quest story a couple days ago (on another site).  As I was reading, all I could think is that you would be happier with the LC, as tach, rear disc, & liquid cooling seemed to be very important to you - they are to me.  These guys might be able to help you out with the mods, but I don't see it happening with out a bunch of cash (liquid cooling  & rear disc).  Lights are easy and the tach shouldn't be a difficult job with some help from the experts around.

I think I'll see if that sweet blue bike is still around for a second bike for myself. 

Good Luck Mr. 'busa
... and Rock On!

Greenbean

• View Profile
Re: Got questions for the 08 Super-9 and tuning
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 07:36:49 PM »
Thanks,

I am getting the 08 as I want to tune it and learn on it myself.

I just have some questions regarding my first 2-3 mods to basically de-restrict mine as far as what it would be sold as if nmot restricted.

Variator, Exhaust and larger jet...

lol.. on the Mr Busa, lol...Wait till I put up pics of both my 2-wheel rides...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()