Author Topic: SUPER 9 LIQUID COOLED  (Read 11878 times)

L Bo

• View Profile
Re: SUPER 9 LIQUID COOLED
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2007, 01:42:58 PM »
A "tiny tach" to help aid in tuning my roller weights. However even though it's for a 2 stoke it only goes to 6K RPMs or so and I thought it was 9999.  I called the manufacturer who said they will exchange me one that is better for my scoot (10K+ RPM) and not even available yet :D

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2007, 03:08:53 PM »
it revs to 10k?  Wow.

L Bo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2007, 09:56:24 PM »
No, I meant the tach only reads the revs to around 6K and starts counting down, the manufacturer will exchange it for a tach that will read well over 10K. I am guessing the engine spins anywhere from 8-9500 now, maybe.

thunder66us

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2007, 01:15:08 AM »
got an 2007 super9 liquid, it only goes 28mph, how can i get it to go any faster

z28sb400

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2007, 11:03:14 AM »
 IF YOUR SCOOTER IS KITTED AND TUNED RIGHT IT SHOULD BE PUSHING THE 11K RPM RANGE AT WOT.SOME OF US ON ANOTHER SITE JUST FOR SUPER9'S ARE DOING IT ALL DAY LONG.
TO THE GUY WHO ONLY GOES 28,YOUR SCOOTER IS STILL RESTRICTED AND YOU NEED TO REMOVE THE VARIATOR BUSHING THATS IN THERE,IT HAS A RIDGE ON IT TO STOP THE PULLY'S FROM CLOSING ALL THE WAY AND LETTING YOU GET IN TOP GEAR,THE UN RESTRICTED ONE IS SMOOTH AND HAS NO RIDGE ALSO YOUR MUFFLER,YOU HAVE THE KIND WITH A CAT CONVERTER IN IT NEEDS TO GO,IT IS VERY RESTRICTIVE,SO...CHANGING BUSHING GOES FROM 28 TO 40-42MPH, CHANGING MUFFLER 40-42 TO 48-50MPH,

L Bo

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2007, 10:31:36 PM »
thanks Z but mine isn't kitted, what should it spin at WOT with only a pipe and jet modification? Also those speeds you listed are indicated not actual right? My stock 07 AC topped out at 40-42 and now with pipe and rollers it hauls my 215 pounds to 50- 52 (indicated) which I guess is around 42 or so. Does this sound right? I know the LC puts out another horsepower or so over the AC version just wondering how much top end this means LC versus AC, original piston and sleeve.

thunder66us

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2008, 06:48:18 AM »
thanx for the info ongetting past 28mph  do I need a new bushing and muffler or just modify the ones I have

z28sb400

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2008, 01:41:15 PM »
you will need to replace bushing and muffler.the othe rpost here sounds like he has done it to his,changed pipe and smooth sleeve and he's hitting 50-52 mph.
It also seems to be the concensus that the speedos are off a little and it comes out to be a mile per hour slower for every ten miles per hour faster
 20 on speedo is really 18 mph,40 on speedo is 36 mph 50 on speedo is 45 mph,.take the first number of what speedo is reading and subtract for what speedo says.

thunder66us

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2008, 03:04:05 AM »
I really appreciate the info on getting it faster, where can I get the replacement parts to do it.

Greenbean

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2008, 07:53:15 PM »
I really appreciate the info on getting it faster, where can I get the replacement parts to do it.

Same here...

Can the shim be bought from a Kymco dealer,
What about the exhaust... Can a technigas be used also with a lerger jet in the carb?

Areomyst

• Scootin' America!
    • View Profile
    • American Scooter Forum - Scooter Invasion
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2009, 01:35:27 PM »
You can buy the drive boss from a Kymco dealer.  Most dealers will have it in stock because new scooters come with them when they are delivered to the dealer.  Tecnigas will work awesome with correct clutch springs and roller weights (have to go higher RPM on springs, lighter on weights).  Kymco recommends I think between 82 and 85 main jet when de-restricting.  I usually settle on 83 with stock, unmodified airbox but every engine it a little different so it's best to do a plug reading and go from there.  The LC super9 had a larger carb than the new air cooled one, so jetting between the two is going to be slightly different.

~Josh
www.scooterinvasion.net - Tech help, repairs & tuning.

Areomyst

• Scootin' America!
    • View Profile
    • American Scooter Forum - Scooter Invasion
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2009, 01:38:48 PM »
it revs to 10k?  Wow.

I've seen Super 9 scooters revving around 11,500 RPM and going over 65 miles per hour (modified, of course!).  Kymco really has an excellent engine. :)

~Josh
www.scooterinvasion.net - Tech help, repairs & tuning.

Sam Griffiths

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2009, 01:55:41 PM »
that scooter looks sweet! how much did it cost ya?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()