Author Topic: What are the maintenance milestones for a Kymco 125cc Agility?  (Read 1471 times)

charlesshue

• View Profile
I am new to the scooter world.  What are the milestone maintenance items on a Kymco?  (suxh as fluid changes, belt changes etc,.)  I am not getting too much information from the manual.

More specific, I just purchased a 2012 Agility 125cc which has 3,000 miles on it.  The previous owner did not change the oil until recently prior to selling it to me.  The scooter sounded fine and ran smoothly.  The seller said they purchased it new a year ago.
2012 Kymco Agility 125cc Scooter
~Charles Shue

claynine

• View Profile
Re: What are the maintenance milestones for a Kymco 125cc Agility?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 01:12:47 PM »
You can download the owners manual here.  It should tell you what you want to know.  ;) 

http://www.kymco.com/library/owners_manual.asp

MrKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 04:24:05 AM »
in my experience with my 2009 model you should need nothing much for the next 7,000 MILES or so. you will need tires, brakes if you use 'em much, and a bulb may go bad. a miscellaneous repair or two might take place. you just never know with these things? but chances are nothing major

keep the oil changed, and the gear oil every now and again, too. clean the air filter every few thousand miles and do the same for the oil screen. chances are your valves will stay adjusted so if that ain't broke, don't fix it. IOW, don't pay just to have 'em checked  ;)

imo do that most basic maintenance above until 10,000 miles. by then you will have worked out what you want to do and what you need to do to keep it going another 10,000

scoots!

terminalbeard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 09:34:52 PM »
Congratulations on your new scooter. Ask the previous owner if they changed the gear oil when they changed the engine oil and also if the engine oil screen was cleaned at that time. Check the air filter, take it out and hit it, see if dirt falls out, clean or replace the air filter as needed. Check tire pressures. Enjoy!
2013 Agility 125 Blue

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()