Author Topic: 09 S8 4T questions  (Read 712 times)

GucciMaine

• View Profile
09 S8 4T questions
« on: June 01, 2016, 10:04:58 PM »
When I bought the scooter it had a some serious carb issue, so i started researching replacing the carb. In my eagerness to get my hands dirty with this scooter, I installed a performance 20mm carburetor, high flow air filter, 80cc bbk, and performance exhaust, all at once.  The bbk came with some rollers of unknown weight, but heavier than the stock ones. I'm fairly mechanically inclined, but still learning about working with these scooters.

I'm currently getting about 38-39 mph on the flat, I definitely feel this scooter is far from its potential.

-reading my plug indicates everything seems to be working correctly on the engine side of things
-i have replaced the variator boss with the unrestricted one, but have not cut the rev limiter on the CDI yet (is this a restrictor, or an engine safety feature?)
-the heavier weights from the bbk increase top speed slightly, but i feel like the stock weights are much more responsive.
-i bought a slightly longer belt (748x18x28) and that with the heavier weights got me up to 43-45 BUT it is rubbing on the starter bendix badly, and will soon be shredded i fear
-upon inspecting the stock belt, it also looks like it occasionally rubs the starter bendix as well, but i think this was from when i ran it with the heavier weights from the bbk kit.

Any input and advice is greatly appreciated, thanks!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()