Author Topic: Oil leak  (Read 2003 times)

TANWare

• E3.38, RP oil Eng & FD, Dr Pulley 20x12 14 gr
    • View Profile
Oil leak
« on: July 28, 2011, 01:34:09 PM »
I just got my 3,000 mile service. After the first tank I noticed the oil light came off right after shutting the engine down with the kick stand. So I checked the oil level and while low it was ok, so I added 1/3 a quart yesterday. Well his morning it took 2/3 a quart after about 75 miles. I lokked under the bike and there was a leak. I checked the oil filter cap as the puddle was directly under it and the cap by had twisted and has lot of oil on it. I tightened it with a 1/2 drive socket wrench. Let it warm up and gave it another shot. Then a 4 mile ride and one last shot at tightening.

No more drip now. The last oil change is did not use 1 drop that I could tell of. so this is a bit upsetting to see. Figured I'd post so others will at least watch out for drips or puddles..................

roboscoot

• View Profile
Re: Oil leak
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 11:42:15 PM »
tanware..... ..for minor leaks like this i have also found that threading/wrapping the oil plug with Teflon tape before tightening also provides a better seal.....by all means let us know if this continues.....

TANWare

• E3.38, RP oil Eng & FD, Dr Pulley 20x12 14 gr
    • View Profile
Re: Oil leak
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 03:07:40 AM »
Rained today and before that was looking at new properties so no real chance to take it out. The first service with RP was no issue at all. Hopefully all is well now....................

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()