Author Topic: Downtown issues  (Read 13221 times)

TANWare

• E3.38, RP oil Eng & FD, Dr Pulley 20x12 14 gr
    • View Profile
Re: Downtown issues
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2011, 11:10:42 PM »
I have noticed after riding at night when it is cold and then starting in the mornign when it is a bit warmer there is a slight gas smell. Probably the gas lines flooded it out from expansion but so far it starts right up.

I am wondering whisper if you ever gor those LEDs in the front cowl and what sockets and LED's you used?

snowman

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2011, 05:55:00 PM »
Have the same problem. Took it into the shop and they did a coumputer thing with my 300i Downtown. You see my check engine light came on. They said that they did all the checks that the computer said to do. Only thing left would be to change the injector. Now I added some injector cleaner and I will do that for my next few fill-ups. I was also told by some friends that ride scoots from 50cc-500cc that they had the shop drill a hole into the gas cap and that problem went away.
 Bought my 300i downtown last Nov.. Have over 6500 miles on it now. I'm 6"3 and 212 lbs. Other then that problem and 2 others, this has to be the best scooter on the road--for me!!
The other two thing I don't like, but can live with, are my seat and where my legs go. I get about 75+ mpg and it will do 93mph. If you play with it. I live in San Antonio, Texas.
I will let you know if what I'm doing with the cleaner works.
Ride Safe, Have Fun, but RIDE!!!          Snowman

woodbar

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2011, 11:54:11 PM »
Now I have started "pushing" the performance on the bike (it's sort of run in!) I can understand the comments I have seen elsewhere saying "this bike just loves 100 kmh" - this does seem to be the sweetspot.

But I have noticed that if you are accelerating hard, with the throttle at or near wide open, at just over 100 kmh the engine note goes "hard" sounding and with some increased vibration  - the nearest I can describe it is like when a 2 stroke is 4 stroking - IF you back off the throttle until the noise/vibration cease, you can then wind it straight back on and it will pull cleanly up to 120 kmh?

Anyone else noticed this - or knows what may be causing it?

Apologies if you have read this as part of one of my other posts - I realised "Downtown Issues"  is probably a better place to ask the question ;D

racewalker

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2011, 01:39:01 AM »
I just had my first issue with mine. I was coming home from work this evening. Nice day 26C light wind and just over half way home doing about 110K and it just stopped running. Like you had put the kick stand down or hit the kill switch. Costed to the shoulder and started checking things out. Could find nothing wrong but the starter would not work again like the side stand was down. It was not and I checked the fused and in the process lost the cover to the fuse box. No blowen fuses. It seemed as tho the right hand control with the kill switch was very warm. I switched it on and off a couple of times and all of a sudden my starter was back. Wonder if I have a connection problem in that module. Has anyone else ever had this?
08 People S 125
11 Downtown 300i

TANWare

• E3.38, RP oil Eng & FD, Dr Pulley 20x12 14 gr
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2011, 09:53:48 AM »
Not as of yet but now on my next run I'll have to check out if that switch seeems to be over heating............

racewalker

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2011, 01:18:14 PM »
I rode about 100K yesterday with no problem. I will be keeping an eye on it for a while.
08 People S 125
11 Downtown 300i

SpikeOne

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2011, 06:49:41 PM »
the engine note goes "hard" sounding and with some increased vibration

Mine does exactly the same - the bike has natural roar anyway, but it sounds awsome when it does that.
I have, however, not noticed any reduction in acceleration during this phase.
Quite normal for the Dowtown 300 I think...
Spike
Gloucestershire - Ingerlund...

Current ride - Kymco Downtown 300i
Previously owned:-
Yamaha Vity
MZ ETZ251
Honda CD175
Honda CB250 G5
BSA Bantam D14/4
BSA Sunbeam
Honda C50

An Error Has Occurred!