Author Topic: How long will you ride WOT?  (Read 10222 times)

manimal

• 2013 Super 8 150
    • View Profile
Re: How long will you ride WOT?
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2014, 05:31:44 PM »
Nice, same here. My commute is like 45-55 for like 20 miles.
How far do you travel?

13 miles, each direction (26 miles 'round trip). There are 3 expressways I travel throughout my commute, 1 posted at 45mph, the other 2 50mph posted. There are traffic lights along the way on each of the expressways.

In the morning and also depending on timing between green lights, is where I consistently travel at a higher rate of speed (50 - 55mph on the speedo), since traffic is lighter.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 05:36:24 PM by manimal »
~Daren
California (Nor*Cal)

manimal

• 2013 Super 8 150
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2014, 05:35:13 PM »
Make sure you guys that are driving the 150's that far that hard check your oil regularly, like once a week. I've had two people blow up super 8's from long extended high speed because they didn't check their oil and it was bone dry. The air cooled gy6 consumes a bit of oil even when everything is in good shape.

Thanks for the heads up :thumbup After turning the 1k mark, and due to several threads I had read about checking the oil, sure enough, I needed to add about 50cc of oil. My last oil change was @600 miles.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 06:32:14 PM by manimal »
~Daren
California (Nor*Cal)

Amaro321

• View Profile
How long will you ride WOT?
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2014, 08:09:25 PM »
13 miles, each direction (26 miles 'round trip). There are 3 expressways I travel throughout my commute, 1 posted at 45mph, the other 2 50mph posted. There are traffic lights along the way on each of the expressways.

In the morning and also depending on timing between green lights, is where I consistently travel at a higher rate of speed (50 - 55mph on the speedo), since traffic is lighter.

Man, travel safe brother. Makes my travel seem easier lol
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 09:58:49 PM by Amaro321 »

Amaro321

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2014, 04:57:01 PM »
I actually have been finding myself having to travel at higher speeds recently. I wonder if there is a transmission setup that would be preferable in this situation.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2014, 07:28:46 PM »
I actually have been finding myself having to travel at higher speeds recently. I wonder if there is a transmission setup that would be preferable in this situation.

You have a 150 right? Get the Dr. Pulley for gy6 it kicks ass. I've found then as cheap as $90.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2014, 09:28:54 PM »
That's choice #1

#2 is go 2 gram heavier on your rollers. That will take about 100-150 rpm off any given speed. It will slow down take off but greatly help highway rpm.

You might want to look into up gears for the GY 6 engine as well. I'm sure they are available, but not sure if the fit in a Kymco. a little looking around the web might answer that one.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Amaro321

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2014, 11:26:23 PM »
You have a 150 right? Get the Dr. Pulley for gy6 it kicks ass. I've found then as cheap as $90.
Yes sir I do. Nice!! I love finding things out that I had no idea about lol I'll look into this sir thank you.

That's choice #1

#2 is go 2 gram heavier on your rollers. That will take about 100-150 rpm off any given speed. It will slow down take off but greatly help highway rpm.

You might want to look into up gears for the GY 6 engine as well. I'm sure they are available, but not sure if the fit in a Kymco. a little looking around the web might answer that one.
Great!! And I was wondering about the weights. I'll try a bit heavier weight with a Dr Pulley setup. Once I get the parts and all that I'll post up!! 😊 maybe next paycheck. Even though the cold weather is going to suck.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2014, 01:25:13 AM »
Yes sir I do. Nice!! I love finding things out that I had no idea about lol I'll look into this sir thank you.

Great!! And I was wondering about the weights. I'll try a bit heavier weight with a Dr Pulley setup. Once I get the parts and all that I'll post up!! 😊 maybe next paycheck. Even though the cold weather is going to suck.

If you order the Dr. Pulley variator, keep in mind it doesn't come with weights so you should order a set of 12-14g sliders. If you get a slightly stiffer clutch spring you can run heavier weights and not lose hill climb power
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()