Author Topic: High Pitched Noise When Accelerating From A Stop  (Read 2444 times)

PassedByAScooter

• View Profile
High Pitched Noise When Accelerating From A Stop
« on: March 23, 2012, 02:18:04 PM »
Hi Everyone, New Kymco Yager owner here. I've had it for several days and have enjoyed it thoroughly! My only complaint came about this morning on my morning errands:

Starting from a stop I began to noticed a high pitched noise until I reach between 15 to 25 mph. The bike seems to be operating as normal. Brakes feel fine. I've done some inspecting and everything seems clean. No rocks or dirt, etc. I hesitate to say that it is a noise from the brakes because my braking performance has been spot on, and the only time the noise pops up is when I accelerate from a stop.

Seeking out some guidance if you have some to offer.

Thank you everyone!

2010 Kymco Yager
2009 Kymco Agility 125

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: High Pitched Noise When Accelerating From A Stop
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 07:22:58 PM »
Try Cortez' fix for trembling or shudder in the clutch and call us in the morning.....

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 03:03:58 PM »
Could be your slider weights. That seems to be a common problem among the Yager scooters.

-Wolf

PassedByAScooter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 02:51:34 AM »
Could be your slider weights. That seems to be a common problem among the Yager scooters.

-Wolf

Thanks Wolf, I'll look in to the slider weights! I've done the steps in regards to the clutch, but the noise is still there. The noise isn't there for the first 10 minutes of riding, but as the bike warms fully I can hear the noise when accelerating from a stop or slow speed. The noise seems to go away when I hit 15 to 20 mph. I'm perplexed!  :-\

2010 Kymco Yager
2009 Kymco Agility 125

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 04:02:11 AM »
I had a muffler that had a loose baffle inside. From take off it sounded like squeeling. The owner thought it was brakes or tranny problems. It took about an hour to locate the source. I replaced the muffler, and it was fine. Next time it does it put it on the center stand, and try to make it happen, and isolate the source.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Kayemtee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 03:26:51 AM »
My 2010 Yager developed a noise like what you describe.  I call it a bell like ringing upon hard acceleration until you hit about 20 mph and only after the scooter is fully warm.  It never interfered with performance in any way.  My dealer replaced the clutch housing which made it better but not perfect.  Later they replaced the entire clutch and belt and I don't know what else all under warranty.  It's still not perfect but I've gotten used to it.  On the second attempt at a fix, they may not have adaquately tightened the pulley because 1000 miles later it came apart.  Had to tow the scooter to the shop and of course they fixed their error at no charge.

Bottom line: it's nowhere near as bad as it was and not all of the time.  Now that the warranty is over, I'm hoping it's not an indication of something that will cause premature failure down the road. 

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()