Author Topic: 2013 2T Belt  (Read 1514 times)

Super8:50:2T:2013

• View Profile
2013 2T Belt
« on: May 08, 2014, 10:26:31 AM »
Hello All,
This is a Belt Question:
I believe the standard belt size is 738x18x28 for the 2T Super8, I was hoping to try a :
GATES DRIVE BELT 743 X 20 X 30 , has anyone out there tried this? Results? Recommendations?
I have stock scooter except for suspected smooth boss and  upsized jet. Also, I pulled the air intake tube out of the airbox, which allows me at 230lbs to reach about 35mph on a long, flat road.
My upgrade plans are:
Naraku Traffic Exhaust Pipe(and take out the restrictors)
101 Octane clutch pulley/torque conv. assy
Longer Belt
Thanks for any/all responses.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 2T Belt
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 04:36:19 PM »
The stated size on the belt is almost never the actual size. The Gates may be shorter so wait for someone who has bought it to chime in.
Truth be told the OEM Kymco belt always works out to be the best belt. I have bought hundreds of belts, and the OEM ALWAYS has the correct dimensions.
Longer doesn't help in any way shape or form unless you increase either one or both pulley diameters anyway. Perhaps there is a less expensive aftermarket option (like the gates maybe) so hang tight to see if someone has figured that out.

For the other parts... Have you contacted SPI? We just struck a deal for dealer pricing with them, and that is anywhere from 20-40% off retail. I would also suggest a performance CDI. They make a big difference.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 09:57:53 PM »
Thanks Z,

I was thinking that the '13 2t CDI was already non restricted.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 10:22:28 PM »
Got ya! I didn't see the 2T reference in your post.
 I saw BLABALBAL belt BLA BALA BAL 35mph blablabla   ;D

Oh... Parts!!!  :o
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 09:58:59 PM »
Well, Update on my upgrade: Parts order cancelled due to delay's from customs on my parts. Now what.
Well, I guess the easy stuff first, ordered a iridium plug, ngk, cant hurt.
What z said made sense about the belts so I am going to hold off on that for now.
I turn my attention towards the stock pipe, with all those "appendages" so, a: should I just replace it b: do the hack and weld c: other options??? Please chime in....

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 10:30:20 PM »
It won't help anything to rework your pipe. On a 2T engine the pipes design/shape determine the power band. Knocking off the emissions junk may actually reduce power.

Where do you live? There is a good chance we can help you locate a better source for parts at a good price.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 11:29:59 PM »
Hello Z,
I'm in SE NC

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2014, 11:41:47 PM »
Call Louie at SPI! I thought you were in Spain or some sh** when you said Customs.. DEALER ACCOUNT!!!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()