Author Topic: nSr: paid for an oil change!  (Read 924 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
nSr: paid for an oil change!
« on: September 02, 2021, 02:11:26 PM »

Oh - sit back down!

It was on my Chevy Silvertornado....
First time ever stopping at one of those quick change, pull-over-a-pit service places.
After difficulties at the local Chevy dealer - read that this family owned, 35 yr old shop had some great reviews so I stopped there today after dropping my daughter at college.
In and out in under 20 mins - and they checked and topped up everything but my socks - including my previously overinflated tires.
I told the kid I don't know how to tip the 3 of you who worked on my truck - but here's a couple of sawbucks to split up.
He laughed and seemed surprised that an old guy with a 15 yr old Chevy was tipping.
Pop did the talking - the kids were polite and efficient as a Nascar team.

I even got a reminder sticker for inside the windscreen :)
Good experience.
Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
Re: nSr: paid for an oil change!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2021, 02:24:30 PM »
I change my own oil but when I had a company truck I used those quick change places for it. On time they forgot to put oil back in the motor. The guy drove it outside and come in to the wait room to  tell me it was ready. He asked me if the oil pressure gauge worked (1 year old truck) which I replyed yes. He then pulled it back in and filled it with oil. 

2nd incident at Wallyworld.  I bought a used truck in January and it was to cold for me to change it. I took it to Wallyworld and paid for 7 quarts of synthetic oil and filter.  They guy only put 5 quarts in despite charging me for 7.

Glad you had a good  experience I think mine were the exception and not the rule.
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2021, 02:35:23 PM »
I change my own oil but when I had a company truck I used those quick change places for it. On time they forgot to put oil back in the motor. The guy drove it outside and come in to the wait room to  tell me it was ready. He asked me if the oil pressure gauge worked (1 year old truck) which I replyed yes. He then pulled it back in and filled it with oil. 

2nd incident at Wallyworld.  I bought a used truck in January and it was to cold for me to change it. I took it to Wallyworld and paid for 7 quarts of synthetic oil and filter.  They guy only put 5 quarts in despite charging me for 7.

Glad you had a good  experience I think mine were the exception and not the rule.
Yeah, like I said - I'd used the Chevy dealer to get my oil changes - paying a premium to "get it done right", and waiting forever in their designer waiting room with coffee, pastries and sandwiches....surround sound Price Is Right blaring at me, new Stingrays parked beside my chair, etc..
Then they put 6 Qts in my 4 Qt engine.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2021, 03:47:21 PM »
I'mma gonna open a quick change in Stig's town!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()