Author Topic: people 150(or 50) windshiled  (Read 2014 times)

Dandorf

• View Profile
people 150(or 50) windshiled
« on: July 07, 2014, 02:59:52 PM »
Hey guys I am looking into getting a people 150 windshield but am having a hard time finding more than just a photo of the various winshields by themselves so I really don't get to see what the different ones look like on the scooter. Ordering blind is not something I am too keen to do.

Do any of you have windshields for you people 50 or 150 scooter? If so, which one(brand and size(large small, ETC) if possible) and what are your thoughts?

If you can include a picture as well that would be extremely helpful!!

Thanks!

Calothrix

• View Profile
Re: people 150(or 50) windshiled
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 02:29:31 AM »

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 03:52:33 AM »
We sell the puig windscreen that fits very well on the people 150/50. Check out our website in my bio
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

Dandorf

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 03:21:33 PM »
We sell the puig windscreen that fits very well on the people 150/50. Check out our website in my bio
I live in portland as well, and came into your shop just prior to getting my scooter. For some reason I can't get the photos on your site to work. I had been leaning towards ordering that puig but it seems  there are a few other fairly different styles out there, although user experiences and photos are limited.

What are your opinions on windscreens in general?

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 03:43:34 PM »
They slow you down and blow more wind in your eyes unless your going over 30.... At city speed the airflow kicks into your face, unless you get a ridiculous huge screen. The issue with that is its technically illegal to have one that is higher than your eye level. I just think the Puig is the best looking for the people. They have a good website maybe you can get a pic to work there.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

superjoefly

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 12:43:49 AM »
I've got the Puig (kba:38120) on my 150 and it's great...looks good too. I always wear a helmet with a face shield , so wind is not an issue. In fact, I believe my gas mileage increased. There are a couple pictures in the thread below this one. I can't remember where I got it from though.

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 05:50:32 AM »
On my P150, I started out with no windshield, then added one after I had it for 3 months. From my experience, it makes a BIG difference in comfort level. All that wind is going to either hit you or the windshield, so it might as well not hit you in the chest all the time. And a windshield can also deflect a LOT of bugs that would otherwise hit you - I'm constantly amazed at how many bugs are plastered on my windshield, and some of the bigger ones would have really hurt had they plowed into me at 40 or 50 mph. A windshield will also push the air up over your head, not into it. Probably the biggest reason I got one, though, is that it keeps you so much warmer when you ride in colder weather. All in all, so many positive reasons to put one on your P150, no matter which one you get. Just my two cents worth.
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()