Author Topic: Kyurakyn Grips - You got 'em?  (Read 2086 times)

jknapp

• View Profile
Kyurakyn Grips - You got 'em?
« on: August 10, 2009, 10:43:35 PM »
Hey guys/gals - my throttle hand keeps falling asleep on rides (even short 15mi rides) and I'm thinking that the stock grips are a bit small for my hands.  They feel small & uncomfortable to me anyway.    I can tell you right now that I'm not deathgripping the bars either.

I think I've heard that the Kyurakyn grips are very comfortable and larger diameter, so..

If you have them installed, can you tell me: (1) where is a good place to get them online and (2) what size to get and (3) if there is anything special needed for installation.

Any help yall can provide would be a HUGE help.

Thanks,

Jknapp, Seattle

jknapp

• View Profile
Re: Kyurakyn Grips - You got 'em?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 05:02:39 PM »
I got my answer on this - consider this thread done..

Thanks,

J

Rebiker

• View Profile
    • United Scooter Riders Meetup
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 05:09:19 PM »
I don't know anyone who has put the Kyurakyn's on their X500 but several who own motorcycles & Burgies who have them.  I've never met anyone who didn't love them.

I actually use the foam grips - they are really inexpensive and should be replaced about every 12-18 months depending on how much sun that get.  But they are easy to remove and replace so that's not a problem.  I spend more for lunch than a set cost.

I like them because they have some give and it takes the vibration out of the hand.  It's made lot of difference.

There is a really thin foam grip that is set on a plastic tube that might work for you.  I don't know who makes it but my son-in-law has them on his Siverwing.  They are uncomfortable for me because they are too big but it is a man's scoot after all.  I prefer the solid foam ones that slightly curved to fit the palm.
I breathe therefore I scoot!

dialtones6

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 11:18:07 AM »
I have switched to a thinner, ProGrips, gel grip.  I find the opposite problem, i.e., that I need a thinner or skinnier grip as I have small hands.  The fatter the grip, the more it tends to hold my hand in the open position and put pressure on a nerve right in the saddle between my right thumb and index finger.  But, a thinner grip actually allows me to close my hand more and puts less pressure on that numbing area.  At least this is what works for me. 

jld621

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 11:09:16 AM »
Grip puppies work for me.

bongoman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 02:32:37 AM »
I obtained a device called Cramp Buster at my dealer. It's basically a plastic palm rest that slips on over the grip and you can rest your palm on it without gripping the throttle at all. I just least it on. Cost $10
2009 Xciting 500
2015 Lance Cali Classic 150
Adventure is a two-wheeled journey

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()