Author Topic: Seat options for Downtown 300i  (Read 7521 times)

DoubleSC

• View Profile
Seat options for Downtown 300i
« on: July 05, 2013, 02:27:40 AM »
Recently, I was lucky enough to find an affordable used DT300 - I bought it, and overall was pleased, but unfortuneately the seat felt way too low.  I expected that from some of the reviews, and set aside some extra cash for customization.

However, while investigating options, I stumbled upon this article (http://forum.jorsindo.com/thread-2152161-1-1.html ), which essentially points out that there are two seat options for the Downtown 300i (called Nikita in Taiwan).  In the first picture, it shows a picture of the underside of the two seats for comparison and identification, with the "Domestic" version on the left, and "Export" version on the right.

After inquiring in Taiwan, it turned out the driver seat height on the Export version was estimated to be a couple inches higher than the Domestic version.  A bonus is that it also accomodates stowage of 2 full-face helmets under the seat.  The cost was only around US$100 at the store (no shipping), so I bought it and brought it back.

Not sure why in the US we (at least sometimes) get the Domestic version, but the difference with the Export version is like night and day, and I find it to be perfect now.  For anyone who is thinking of changing their seat out to get the Export version, the part number on it is Kymco# G77200-LEA7-305-T01 .

DSC

moparkid

• View Profile
Re: Seat options for Downtown 300i
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 04:34:10 AM »
What year is your DT 300? Does it have the light under the seat? Is the new seat more comfortable than the old one or just taller? Thanks...Russ

de-dee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 11:15:40 AM »
   dont we get the export seat the adds say two helmets under the seat, but they are still not high enough, I raised my seat 2 inches,.    300i downtown

DoubleSC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 07:17:04 PM »
What year is your DT 300? Does it have the light under the seat? Is the new seat more comfortable than the old one or just taller? Thanks...Russ

It's a 2011, and it does have a light under the seat (the light is in the tray section at the bottom - the new seat only includes the top hinged portion).  In terms of seat comfort, it's definitely more comfortable for me, but I think it's related only to the seating position.  The seat stiffness feels about the same on both.

@De-Dee - Yeah, I would have thought that we'd be getting the export version too.  I even asked the Kymco regional manager at one of the shows they'd sponsored in the area a while ago who said he would expect it to be export version as well.  He did offer to check further, but since I knew I'd be going to Taiwan shortly afterwards anyway, I decided to just wait where I could check the seat differences out in person before buying. 

DSC

mnpugdog

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 08:57:50 PM »
DSC,
Does it look any different from the top?

Moosehog

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2013, 02:09:52 AM »
Very excited to hear about this.  Can it be ordered from a US dealer? Or must find a Taiwan one?
Any chance you could post a pic of it installed?

moparkid

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2013, 03:13:55 AM »
At 5'7 my seat is more than tall enough and comfortable enough...I only wish the backrest was like 3 inches to the rear. Thought about having an upholstry shop do some modifications this winter but at the cost they were asking I think I'll just live with it because having gone on a 400 mile round trip recently it wasnt that bad and as long as I got off every few hours it was all good.

DoubleSC

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2013, 11:04:58 PM »
There is a bit of difference in how it looks from the top.  Aside from a slight height difference for the driver section, the "nose" of the seat in front of the driver appears more rounded on the domestic version.

Unfortunately, I didn't take any before/after pics.  I'll take pics of it installed when I get the bike again (it's back in storage for a bit).   Otherwise, here's a couple pics that look to be typical of what the difference is:

Domestic: 
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=3476.msg38843#msg38843

Export: 
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=4544.msg46943#msg46943

As far as buying it here, I'm not sure - but the regional manager for the Western US ("Chris") offered to help find out a while back.  I'd suggest talking with your dealer and give him the Kymco part number I'd mentioned.  If they can't help you, go to the regional manager and/or direct to KymcoUSA.

moparkid - I hear you on the costs of having an upholstery shop mod the seat.  When I was checking around, I was quoted $350+.

mnpugdog

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2013, 02:34:53 AM »
I found a couple of pictures online and it looks like it does not slope down like the domestic seat does. Now I just need to figure out how to get one. A couple on a Chinese auction site but won't ship outside the country.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 02:39:53 AM by mnpugdog »

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2013, 10:49:51 AM »
Do you think other scoots have a different seat available?
My Yager could use a better one!
2012 Yager GT 200I - Southern NH

Paulie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2013, 09:18:27 PM »
I,m having the same problem with my seat being too uncomfortaable. I just got a new 2013 DT 300i. I lifted up the seat and on the bottom of the top portion of the seat were the part numbers of 77201 LEA7-E100. I believe this may be the domestic seat version.  I did some further checking and found the export seat 77200-LEA7-305-T01 is available at KYMCOPARTS123.Com for $169 plus shipping. Tried calling them but they were closed for the day. Trying to find out if they know anything about this particular seat and the differences.  Parts are returnable if not satisfied. I will be calling them tomorrow.  My dealer didn't have a clue as to what I was talking about
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 09:22:26 PM by Paulie »

mnpugdog

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2013, 09:24:38 PM »
Paulie let us know what you find out.

Paulie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2013, 01:42:21 AM »
I did some further checking and found that the xxx-305-T01 is  not the seat listed online but is really the xxx-306-T01 online.  I did some further checking and  found out from Kymco that they no longer make the xxxx-305-T01 seat  They only offer the xxx-306- model and is readily found online.  That's the same seat that came on my new DT300.  Sorry for the confusion.  I just ordered a gel pack seat cushion on-line for $89   Hope this works for me.     :)

de-dee

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2013, 07:26:17 PM »
  I just came backi from new hampshire, and my seat sucks for long rides, so I ordered rebond foam to reform the shape of the seat, ordered from,  onlinefabricstore.   3X 24X 72 inches  74.10  from MASS.  & free shipping in USA    I hope that will get rid of the down slope that causes the sore Butt.

mnpugdog

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2013, 11:31:01 PM »
I'm thinking the same thing de-dee. Take pictures and keep us updated on it.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()